1. Paula Kopczynski
    March 11, 2021 @ 8:05 am

Suzy, wish I could afford these products! They seems amazing and I know you get what you pay for but some of us just cannot use our money for this! Cannot wait to see how you like these after trying for a while. You have pretty skin anyway! Have a blessed day!

• Sherry Johnson
      March 13, 2021 @ 9:52 am

I agree. About 10 times my budget

2. Suzy Mighell
    March 11, 2021 @ 10:14 am

Hi Paula,

Thank you so much for your comment. This is my first experience with medical-grade products as well, and I understand how you feel. I will let you know how things go for me and will always do my best to include tips and tricks that will work no matter what type of products you use.

xoxo,

3. Nancy Lacke
    March 15, 2021 @ 2:00 pm

Hi Suzy,

What I do to keep costs down is spend money on a good serum with peptides. I have been using SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic for years. I don’t use it every day, since the effects last a couple days. Generally, I use it every 3rd day or you can use it every other day. The other days I use another less expensive product with peptides listed early in the ingredient list. I am going to try the neck cream mentioned above. My neck area is advanced in appearance and I haven’t noticed a change (not getting worse) with my current product.

There are amazing and economical products out there – which you have also shared information on – to use.

I love reading about skin care – great post!
    Nancy

• Suzy Mighell
      March 15, 2021 @ 6:10 pm

Nancy,

Thanks for your sweet comment and that great practical tip! The truth is, there is a lot of variances out there in terms of what people are willing to spend on skincare! I’m committed to bringing it all to you guys, and letting you decide what’s right for you! This post was all about exploring medical-grade options! I’ve just started using these and will be honest in my review when I’m able to make an assessment!

4. Nancy Lacke
    March 16, 2021 @ 9:02 am

Looking forward to those reviews Suzy! Thanks!!

5. Jody Mack
    March 16, 2021 @ 9:26 am

Thank you for this post. Maybe in the future you can find products that can be bought in retail stores to fit the budget of those that want a good quality product at an affordable price.

6. Denise Sardinas
    March 16, 2021 @ 12:30 pm

Hi there. Me again. (-: I have been really researching all of this and in doing so realized that there was no recommendation for a toner. Wonder if that was left out intentionally or if its not really necessary. I always read that it was crucial to help balance the PH of your skin after cleansing. Could you please ask your dermatologist about this the next time you speak with her or shed some light on this if you already know the answer?

Next question is I would like to know if this skin care regimen takes into account for the “after” menopause hormone changes. My mom told me that after menopause and once no longer taking hormones, is when her skin changed dramatically. She dried up and had many more wrinkles. Although I am not quite there, I will be soon and want to be prepared. My inclination is to think that this skin care regimen covers that since it seems very thorough but I though I’d ask to be sure.

I’ve been busy looking at each product and also looking for a few more affordable options. I wish I could take advantage of the discount this month but its not in the cards. I totally understand the Dr’s explanation of the quality of products. I am really into essential oils and what she said is comparable to what I’ve learned about quality in oils. It also is an industry that the FDA does not regulate so there’s a lot of chance for not such great products. I am doing my best in researching alternatives. I am not working right now, only my husband so it what I must do at this point in time.

Again, thank you so much for this information. I find it invaluable.

XO Denise

7. Suzy Mighell
    March 16, 2021 @ 2:07 pm

Denise,

Thanks so much for your comment! So glad you are looking into everything. I really tried to share principles in this post and the last one about skincare ingredients that would help people who are looking for alternatives if needed. That’s why the first post I did was about key ingredients. For example, when it comes to retinoids, look for the percentage of retinol in your product, regardless of the brand.

I have never used these types of medical-grade products before either, but some people swear by them! I’ll let you know my honest opinion once I’ve been using them for a while.

The answer to your question about post-menopausal skincare is yes! This regimen was designed for women over 50 with the typical post-menopausal issues.

I will add your question to my list for follow-up with Dr. Stetler.

xoxo,