1. Sue Love
    October 13, 2021 @ 7:47 am

I better read all my recent texts to my Gen Z grandchildren to see if I owe any apologies. πŸ™πŸ˜±πŸ˜³πŸ˜‚

• Natalie Pyle
      October 14, 2021 @ 8:46 am

Haha! My parents said the same thing! Thanks so much for reading, Sue, I hope you enjoyed the post!

xoxo,
      Natalie

2. Mary Ellen Nehrboss
    October 13, 2021 @ 10:32 am

Natalie,
    Thank you for clearing things up about emojis. Overall, I believe my emoji choices have been used appropriately, however,I learned some new things because of your article.
    We mature ones appreciate being updated on new trends. Keep it coming!!
    Mary Ellen

• Natalie Pyle
      October 14, 2021 @ 9:17 am

Mary Ellen,
      I had such a fun time writing this post! I am right on the line between the millennial and Gen Z generations and its even hard for me to keep up with the changing trends. Great job on being ahead of the game! Hope you enjoyed the post!

xoxo,
      Natalie

3. Deb
    October 13, 2021 @ 1:02 pm

I find some of these silly and am relived my groups can use them for what the developers designed them to be. I appreciate knowing what this age group is doing and how they choose to communicate, but don’t intend to change my emojis based on a certain age group. If this demographic wants to talk to each other using their interpretation of these emojis, fine. My hope is they have respect the older generations interpretations enough to engage in respectful conversation with them knowing they see these emojis as originally intended. My 20 something nieces and nephews rarely use emojis when texting their parents. Shorten words, yes, but not emojis.

• Natalie Pyle
      October 14, 2021 @ 9:33 am

Deb,
      Thanks so much for reading my article. It is definitely each generation’s job to do their part to respect and adapt to other generations. Glad to hear you have such awesome nieces and nephews that do just that. Hope you enjoyed the article!

xoxo,
      Natalie

4. Gwen
    October 14, 2021 @ 4:23 pm

Thanks Natalie! Very informative and appropriate article, especially for most of us Boomers! I’ve got another tip to add – I’ve learned (the hard way) not to select an emoji without my glasses on 😳

• Natalie Pyle
      October 14, 2021 @ 9:14 pm

Gwen,
      Thank you so much, I’m so happy you enjoyed my article! That is a fantastic tip, thank you for sharing!🀣☺️

xoxo, Natalie