1. Wendy
    January 29, 2020 @ 8:50 am

Yes! Spot on Suzy. I feel as you do about the language. Frustrating!! I’ll try a new show and find within about 20 minutes in I’m turning it off with feelings of disgust. The show looks like it’s going to be great, I’m excited to have an excuse to lounge a bit and relax, but the lewd language and/or graphic sex scenes ruin it for me.
    Growing up my parents didn’t use vulgar language and still don’t, neither do my siblings and their families, as my husband and my own grown children do not. So I know there are many people who are as disgusted with the unneeded vulgar and graphic content in these otherwise (I think) great shows.
    Thank you for your candor on this subject as well as sharing His word with us on why you are making bold choices to live your life free of it. Keep looking forward Fighting the good fight.
    Wendy

January 29, 2020 @ 9:12 am

Wendy,
      Thank you for your kind comment! I so appreciate you sharing your thoughts and feelings on this topic! I understand that it doesn’t bother some people (We’re all somewhat desensitized, perhaps?). but it was important for me to share how I feel and why to put this post into context! I’m grateful for your encouragement!

2. Kim
    January 29, 2020 @ 10:23 am

Thank you thank you for this list. I find myself aggravated as well.

January 29, 2020 @ 1:46 pm

Kim,
      So glad you found it helpful! Please feel free to share it with others!

3. nylse
    January 29, 2020 @ 5:29 pm

I had the same reaction around Mrs. Maisel which is why I stopped watching. I’m really not a streaming fan. I like HGTV, The Food Network, some BET, TV1 and Lifetime.
    Because it’s amazing how our thoughts are changed by what we consumed; so for me, I’d rather not.

Thanks for the recommendations and thanks for encouraging others to read my blog. {hugs}

January 29, 2020 @ 5:34 pm

Nylse,
      Wise words, as always! I’m also excited about the Magnolia Network that Chip & JoAnna Gaines are putting together right now. They are strong believers and I’m hopeful that the content on their network will be uplifting and family friendly.

4. martha
    January 29, 2020 @ 7:58 pm

Oh my gosh thank you Suzy for this and I love how you and your followers who have commented express exactly how I feel! It is SO frustrating and disappointing to pay so much per month for “cable” and then find most shows are offensive. I am so glad others agree. We have also enjoyed The Royal, a British medical series set, I believe, in the 60’s. Like you, I don’t want to hear those words or see things I feel are wrong (for me), or watch shows about scary murders! And comedy? Forget it, one day maybe people will be sick of crude, sexual comments and jokes, but that is not funny to me.
    Thank you again for doing the research for us!

January 29, 2020 @ 8:56 pm

Martha,
      Thank you so much for your kind comment! I’m so glad you found the post helpful! I’ve never heard of The Royal, but found that it is available to stream on BritBox, one of the British streaming services you can get through Amazon Prime Video! I will add it to my list! I’m grateful for the recommendation!

5. Leigh A Lindsey
    April 15, 2020 @ 8:31 am

Love this post!

April 15, 2020 @ 9:14 am

Leigh,
      Thank you so much! That thrills me!!! Stay safe!