1. Melody Smith
    July 6, 2017 @ 12:33 am

Goodness! I never really thought about this as a separate generation, but it all fits! I’ve been teaching middle school for 20 years and the last few years I’ve noticed a big difference in the students. The list of characteristics matches them completely! This is so helpful for me as an educator. I’m looking forward to reading your post about supporting adult kids. I just posted my own ideas about them – great minds, huh?

July 6, 2017 @ 8:16 pm

Melody, thanks for your comment! It is amazing once you stop and think about the difference in these Gen Z kids. My 22-year-old daughter-in-law just texted me to thank me for this post. She and my son said they were tired of being lumped in with Millennials when they didn’t feel like they really exhibited many of the Millennial traits. She was so relieved when she read the Gen Z research! xoxo Suzy

2. Carole Pope
    July 7, 2017 @ 3:46 am

Oh Suzy, this was so interesting! This so clearly reflects my 22 year old daughter’s views and personality much better than Millennial traits.
    We are so proud today, she has just got a fantastic new job in London with an International Think Tank. This is her first permanent position after graduation and they were looking for someone older but were so impressed with her that they offered her the job!
    Also my son’s girlfriend has been accepted to do a year at Austin University. Is that quite near you?

July 7, 2017 @ 8:43 am

Hi cute Carole! Thanks so much for your comment. Not sure where Austin University is. Did you mean The University of Texas at Austin? If so, that is about 4 hours away from me. It is a difficult school to get into, so congratulations to her! Isn’t it amazing how different Gen Z is from Millennials? So glad your 22-year-old lines up with the traits so well. So excited for her and her new job. She sounds like an outstanding young lady! I am determined to meet you in person sometime – either side of the pond will work for me! Have a wonderful weekend. xoxo Suzy

3. Suzanne
    March 16, 2018 @ 12:52 pm

You hit the nail right on the head with Gen Z. I plan to pick up some of the books you’ve read. Could you consider writing a blog post about how to respond to things this generation and others around it say to their parents? They make some selfish and even rude remarks. It’s hard to know what to respond to, what to let go and how to package it if you do respond.

March 16, 2018 @ 2:12 pm

Suzanne,
      That is a great idea! I am so glad you liked the post. You are correct, this generation sometimes doesn’t do a great job talking to their parents. When my kids do that, I usually just say something like, “Wow. Really? Wow. That is an unacceptable way to talk to anyone. When you’re ready to talk about this adult to adult, let’s try again.” And then I leave the room. I have to remind them that I am doing my very best to treat them like adults, and I expect the same from them. You might want to check out the other articles in the parenting section of my blog ((http://emptynestblessed.com/category/parenting/) to see if you find anything helpful, Suzanne. Thanks so much for your thoughtful comment and good suggestion. xoxo Suzy