1. Suzanne Stavert
    March 6, 2020 @ 10:02 am

This was terrific Suzy! Although we don’t have a boomerang situation in our family, I still received some great parenting suggestions. I will offer my opinions a little less to my grown children. Sometimes I forget they are adults! PS, I bought the adorable dress you are wearing too!

March 6, 2020 @ 12:26 pm

Suzanne,
      Thank you for your comment! That means the world to me! I’m so glad you found this helpful! (And you are going to love this dress!!!) Thanks for shopping with my links!

2. Paula Ward
    March 6, 2020 @ 11:04 am

Thank you Suzy – very timely! We have 3 adult boys who are doing great on their own – this weekend one little family (with a 19 month old grandblessing) will come and live with us while they put their house on the market for their growing family. It will be different for my husband and me and of course for them, but we are excited to help out in all the ways we can!

March 6, 2020 @ 12:29 pm

Paula,
      This is going to be interesting! I am so very thankful you had the opportunity to hear my three boomerangers share in their own words what they felt about their time at home. I hope it is helpful to you as you enter this precious time with your son and his family! Thanks for letting me know!

3. Carolyn
    March 7, 2020 @ 4:19 pm

Suzie, thank you for this article. We have a son who returned home in the fall from doing 5 years in the military. He went in right after high school and due to the type work that he did in the military he was unable to work on his degree during active duty. So now that he is out he is in school and decided to live here at home at least for the first two years. Things have gone well. However, we are aware of the need to parent differently, however, you article made me aware of some moments that he might actually be feeling like he went backwards for a little while in the are of independence. He has led men in combat and brought them all back safely and done great things, but I think in this space he feels a little different.
    So thank you. This will help us and help him. Blessings!

March 7, 2020 @ 10:06 pm

Carolyn,
      Your precious comment made my day! Thank you! I am so proud of you for raising such a good man who served our country so admirably and courageously. Wow! I’m also impressed that he is committed to getting his degree now. Maybe we could arrange a marriage and he could marry my daughter! ????)
      I’m so happy you found this helpful – I’m so grateful to the boomerang kids who stepped up and shared their heart with me!
      You sound like such a great mom! I’m so honored that you read Empty Nest Blessed!