1. nylse
    June 18, 2019 @ 12:37 pm

I noticed after a week that my skin had more elasticity. My nails were always weak, but with collagen, they are stronger. My hair has a life of its own but it’s staying on my head so that’s good. But I love the benefits to the skin the most. I tell all my friends over 50 to add collagen to their diets as it is a game changer. I also use the powder and place a scoop in my tea daily. If I’m traveling, I take the chews as it is easier to pack. Pretty much I can use any powdered brand, so I get whatever is on sale from a health food store. Currently, I’m using the Costco brand since that is the most cost-effective – lasting for 6 months.
    I approve this post!!!!! 🙂

June 18, 2019 @ 12:50 pm

Nylse,
      I’m so glad you share my experience! Amazing, isn’t it? xoxo Suzy

• Sheri
      June 20, 2019 @ 9:14 am

I bought the Costco brand, as well. I haven’t been using it every day, religiously, but have been using it for a few months now. I have not noticed a difference yet. Nails still chipping, still having skin issues, etc. But the Costco brand is only 2.5g serving. It is hydrolyzed, but doesn’t have the digestive enzyme blend. Now I’m wondering if I should use more than 1 scoop of this brand? May switch over to a different brand when this runs out. Thanks for any advice you can give.

June 20, 2019 @ 9:59 am

Sheri,
        I’m not an nutritional expert, for sure, but I DID do my research well. I really believe the product I’m recommending is superior. Because nutritional supplements aren’t regulated by the FDA, they can literally say anythng! This one has the certification, stamps of approval and corporate commitment to excellence that I was looking for! (Also, when my friend, Wendy (her comment above) endorses it, that means something, because she found the product independently of me and she IS a certified dietician and nutritionist!)

2. Carol
    June 18, 2019 @ 1:16 pm

Do you know if it’s safe to use with a biotin supplement? Thanks!

June 18, 2019 @ 2:15 pm

Carol,
      I take biotin supplements too and I’ve been using them at the same time. Still, you might want to check with your doctor. I just did a cursory Google search (“is it safe to use biotin and collagen at the same time”) and there were a few articles that came up, so that might be a good place to start! xoxo Suzy

3. Wendy Howard
    June 18, 2019 @ 1:29 pm

Wouldn’t you know I was researching collagen last night for several hours and prayed and asked the Lord to show me which one was best. The one you recommend met all the standards I had researched, so I just ordered it! Thanks for being an answer to prayer, Suzy!

June 18, 2019 @ 2:16 pm

Wendy,
      Oh, my word, you made my day!!! It’s not often that I’m an answer to prayer, so I’m so excited!!! (Hahaha!) Our God is so good, right? xoxo Suzy

4. Nancy Lacke
    June 18, 2019 @ 2:01 pm

I’m fascinated Suzy! Thanks for doing all the leg work as always. I have terrible weak nails as well as the typical hair loss. I once had a super thick head of hair.

I did notice briefly on IG you mentioned damage at your home while away. I haven’t had the opportunity to really look for it and read, but wanted you to know I’ve been thinking about you and hope things are better.

<3<3
    Nancy

June 18, 2019 @ 2:19 pm

Nancy,
      Well, you are just the sweetest! Thank you! We got back to a fridge and freezer full of ruined food, which we tossed. The best thing was that it exposed the giant need for a thorough fridge cleaning! (Hahaha!) We did have one of our chimney caps ripped clean off and the remnants were all over our yard. That’s all, though, so we are so very thankful!
      Let me know what you think if you try the collagen!

• Nancy Lacke
        June 18, 2019 @ 8:31 pm

So glad to hear that the loss was minimal. This weather has been crazy all over. Memorial Day we had 20 tornadoes in Ohio and this past Saturday we were in our basement again.

I will definitely let you know my thoughts on the collagen!

Take are Suzy!

June 18, 2019 @ 8:41 pm

Nancy,
          I agree! The weather has been crazy this year! Stay safe! xoxo Suzy

• Lauren
            June 20, 2019 @ 7:30 am

We visited our sons in Fort Worth last weekend and had the crazy experience of witnessing the rotating clouds and roaring wind noise of a tornado forming as we were winding up a Father’s Day expedition at Top Golf! I’ve never seen anything like it, and thankfully it didn’t hit our location (although, as you probably know, other areas of Fort Worth weren’t so fortunate). I’m afraid this experience didn’t help my motherly concerns for my sons’ safety, but I can only keep praying since it’s not in my control.

So glad all is well at your home … let’s pray this intense weather streak comes to an end! You’ve intrigued me with these facts about collagen, and I’m considering whether to give it a try despite following a mostly plant-based diet — the benefits are super compelling, especially regarding my thinning hair. Thanks much for the great info!

June 20, 2019 @ 8:14 am

Lauren,
            Thank you so much for your concern, and I’m so happy you are okay! It was pretty scary!
            Yep, the thinning hair was a huge part of why I wanted to try it too! I’ve taken biotin for years, but this is what really made the difference for me. I’ll look forward to hearing what you decide and your thoughts if you do give it a try!
            Thank you for your comment!

5. Heather
    June 18, 2019 @ 2:29 pm

Do you just use one scoop per day?

June 18, 2019 @ 2:37 pm

Hi Heather!
      Yes, that’s the recommended dosage. Thanks for your good question! xoxo Suzy

6. Christie Borchin
    June 18, 2019 @ 6:00 pm

Thanks for your post on the Collagen Peptides. I’ve been thinking about trying this for awhile….so thanks to you, I am. Hope they help my hair and nails!!
    Christie B

June 18, 2019 @ 6:07 pm

Christie,
      I am so glad you found the post helpful! I hope you have great results, like I did! xoxo Suzy

7. Suzana Barton
    June 19, 2019 @ 9:43 am

Thank you for this great info. I’m curious about collagen coffee now.

June 19, 2019 @ 9:57 am

Suzana,
      I’ve seen that in the stores! I chose a supplement powder that was hydro lizard and that I thought was high quality because there are absorption problems with the other types. So be sure to check the label before you buy! Lots of people just add this to their coffee! Thank you for your comment! xoxo Suzy

8. Jenn
    June 19, 2019 @ 3:00 pm

Oh I LOVE this article! You inspire me to be more regular with the one I bought several months ago and only used occasionally! Yours seems great and such a good price too????Thanks for this info!

June 19, 2019 @ 3:03 pm

Jenn,
      Oh, yay! Be sure it’s hydrolized and safe! Love you!

9. martha
    June 20, 2019 @ 6:59 am

Suzy,
    This is a good example why I follow you and enjoy your blog so much! It is filled with a nice variety of topics, along with your cute outfits. And, the research and thought are obvious that go into your posts, ESPECIALLY when you are unsponsored! (which convinces me far more!) On the advice of a good friend who said it helped her nails tremendously, I began using collagen a couple of weeks ago b/c my nails were splitting and chipping so badly, even long after winter. I am anxious to see the results as mine are beginning to grow out. Thank you again for such a good, info packed post!

June 20, 2019 @ 8:10 am

Martha,
      Well, you are just so kind, thank you! That’s why I am SO picky about sponsored posts and don’t do them very often! The money is good, but I feel like y’all trust is my true currency!
      I’m so glad you found the post helpful! Give the collagen time to work, and let me know what you think, okay?
      Thanks again for your sweet comment!

10. Julie | This Main Line Life
    June 20, 2019 @ 6:34 pm

I’m so glad to hear that you really noticed a difference after taking the collagen. I add it to my smoothies but I’ve been pretty terrible about drinking the smoothies regularly. I’ve got to get back on the wagon with that and see if I notice the difference

June 20, 2019 @ 7:04 pm

Julie,
      Yes, I do think you have to be consistent! I hope you have good results! Thanks for your comment! xoxo Suzy

11. Kathy
    June 27, 2019 @ 6:40 am

Yes, I have been using this in my coffee for 8 months and it’s amazing. My joint pain is substantially improved. My hair is softer and growing faster than ever before. I feel better over all. I love it!

June 27, 2019 @ 7:49 am

Kathy,
      So glad to hear that your results have been so wonderful! Thank you for letting me know!