1. Wendy Howard
    September 13, 2019 @ 8:57 am

That was so good! Also for emphasis— periods separate words as in I. Am. Not. Going.

This is my standard emoji ????
    ‘Nuff said!

September 13, 2019 @ 10:31 am

Wendy,
      Good. Point. On. The. Periods. Will add that!
      I love that emoji! It’s all yours!!!

2. nylse
    September 13, 2019 @ 11:26 am

my iphone does not capitalize at the beginning of sentences anymore. first, i was annoyed then i just accepted it. who knew i was being ironic! and now it has carried over to my computer. i just can’t be bothered with proper capitalization, but grammarly will fix it. 🙂 (i ignored grammarly for this comment!)

September 13, 2019 @ 11:39 am

Nylse,
      Hahaha! You gave me a good laugh! My iPhone stopped capitalizing once when I hadn’t done their seems-like-weekly ???? software update! Here’s how to turn it back on (if you want to, Miss Ironic!) Go to Settings” from the Home screen > General > Keyboard >Turn Auto-Capitalization to on (green). If you have an iPad and use a hardware keyboard, select “Hardware Keyboard“.
      I hope that helps! Thanks for giving me a good laugh!

• nylse
        September 13, 2019 @ 1:27 pm

That was too easy. Thank you!

3. Corinne
    September 13, 2019 @ 11:39 am

This was so good. There are some abreviations I didn’t know about. Now I’m in the know! (ITN?). LOL.

September 13, 2019 @ 12:02 pm

Corinne,
      Thank you very much (TYVM?!)! I’m so glad you enjoyed it! I love your new abbreviation idea!
      I really think you should use it with your kids and be all like, “What? You don’t know what that means? ???? Mom will fill you in!”
      Hahaha! Have a great weekend!

4. Lauren
    September 13, 2019 @ 6:11 pm

Omigosh! It remains to be seen whether I’ll be able to keep up on the ever-changing world of texting! And as a true grammar geek and former writing tutor, I don’t know if I can possibly stop using periods. Yikes!

This was a really fun post, Suzy! I’ll be pinning it to keep as a reference. ????

September 13, 2019 @ 7:10 pm

Lauren,
      Thanks so much for your sweet comment! You are too funny! Happy Weekend!

5. Brenda Lund
    September 17, 2019 @ 11:40 am

My 27-year-old said to me that another tech rule is to have nicknames of people in your phone. He chastised me for having his name in my phone – he said “no one does that”. Always use nicknames (even if you don’t have one – use “favorite son” or something like that!).

September 17, 2019 @ 12:02 pm

Brenda,
      Hahaha! I love that. A few years ago when Bob wasn’t paying attention, I changed my name in his phone to “My Hot Wife.” I am all about it!
      Thank you so much for sharing that!