1. maureen
    September 17, 2019 @ 9:40 pm

Fibromyalgia causes me not to be able to sleep well. I appreciate your suggestions. I do not want to do meds as other health issues are there.
    I have found that reading before bed does help.
    But there are nights when sleep eludes me until about 2-3 AM but I welcome anytime I can get some sleep.
    Thank again.

September 18, 2019 @ 6:41 am

Maureen,
      I am so sorry to hear of your struggle. The article I referenced near the end of this post has some helpful suggestions and things to say about people who have sleep disruptions due to pain. (Read it here: https://www.brainandlife.org/articles/for-people-with-neurologic-conditions-sleep-can-be-elusive-we/) It can be a vicious cycle because lack of sleep can make your pain tolerance worse, so more pain=less sleep=more pain. When I struggle with muscle pain due to inflammation, I find that an Epsom salt bath with this (https://rstyle.me/+KJPq39QZCipQRKTspbu0iQ) soothing add-in before bed can help.
      I hope you find it helpful. Thanks for your comment. Hugs to you, sweet Maureen.

2. Kay
    September 18, 2019 @ 6:58 am

Hi Suzy! Such a great post. I’ve set my phone up with the bedtime settings and am looking forward to using it. We moved to Ohio from Arizona less than two months ago and we’ve struggled with the time change more than anything. For one thing, Arizona doesn’t participate in daylight savings so we would just go to bed shortly after the sun went down and wake up with the sun. In the summer that was about 5 in the morning! No problem! But here, further north and with daylight savings, the sun comes up much later and goes down later. It’s done a number on us! But now I know why! Our circadian rhythm needs to be adjusted! And I guess that takes time and regularity.

By the way, I sometimes use the nighttime stories on another app called Abide. It’s similar to calm but teaches and programs Christian meditation. They have bible stories for bedtime!

Sleep well!! ????

September 18, 2019 @ 7:56 am

Kay,
      I can only imagine the number that Arizona to Ohio situation has done on you. When we have Daylight Savings Time, it takes me like 2 weeks to adjust!!! You are correct in that everything I read about circadian rhythm indicated that adjustments take weeks rather than days!
      I am SOOOOO excited to know about Abide! It sounds like I would love it and I will check it out TONIGHT! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
      You are such a blessing!

3. Marie
    September 18, 2019 @ 7:20 am

We just assumed you had recently awoken from a restful night’s sleep!

September 18, 2019 @ 7:58 am

Marie,
      Hahaha! What a relief. I mean, because that is EXACTLY how I look when I wake up in the mornings! ????????????
      Thank you for giving me a good laugh!!!