Don’t worry, summer is not over just yet! It’s been so hot here in Dallas, and I’m definitely soaking up summer while it lasts. That doesn’t mean that I’m not excited about football, crisp leaves, cute booties, candles, apple cider, shackets, pumpkins everywhere, and all things fall! I’m swooning over this cute fall decor, and I even noticed a few fun and fabulous trends that I’m excited to share with you!
We’re all excited to welcome fall, but, with the holidays just around the corner, no one wants to spend too much. So I decided to keep things affordable. Today, I’m sharing fall decor finds under $30. Whether you’re looking to upgrade your entire fall display, or just enhance it with a few cozy candles and pumpkins, you’ll love these cute fall decor finds. Keep reading for a few tips on how to style this decor, and tips on how to arrange your items.
As always, click on any pink text link or image you see for more information.
Decor Trends You’ll See This Fall
I tend to decorate seasonally in the traditional colors, but, as you see below, I don’t always do that!
Pick Your Own
Ombre Jetsetter Tee (I love this tee and have it in multiple colors!) | Mott & Bow Mom Jeans in Medium/Dark Blue Wash | Jeweled Floral Ombre Espadrille Slides | Tory Burch Gold Logo Earrings | 3 Velvet Pumpkins for $30 (your choice of colors)
Everything is customized these days, and your decor can be too! You can find decor for almost every holiday in any color you can imagine. I snagged these three for $30 velvet pumpkins in shades of pink for my home office! (Larger ones are available three for $39.99.)
Buffalo Plaid Check
I love this classic print so much that last spring I even wrote a whole post on Buffalo Check and Gingham! Buffalo Check is really just extra-large gingham, and you can often find it in fall colors like black, red, and orange. A check pattern is so classic it can be used throughout any season, and won’t ever look dated. It’s so easy to use gingham throughout your house. It coordinates well, and the eye is naturally drawn to the contrasting checkered pattern. This year, you can find black and white buffalo check everywhere you look, so if you decide to decorate with it, you’ve got lots of great options!
Fall Decor Finds – Colors
Don’t traditional fall colors just make you feel all warm and cozy?! They remind me of family time, walks in the park, and football, of course. You can’t go wrong with this color palette because it’s so natural and blends perfectly, just like the leaves on the trees! These cozy colors will definitely fill your home with warmth.
Gold and White
I’ve always loved the combination of metallic gold and white. It’s so sophisticated! These pretty pumpkins are giving me all the fairytale feels because they remind me of Cinderella’s beautiful carriage! Hahaha! Gold and white are easy to integrate with your existing fall decorations, and they look beautiful with a pop of color as well!
Dusty Blue and White
Dusty blue and white look great as accent colors when you pair them with the traditional warm oranges and browns of fall. I love this classic farmhouse blue shade that adds a rustic, homey touch to an otherwise neutral space!
Fall Decor Finds – Foliage and Dried Flowers
Adding dried or artificial flowers to a vase or jug is such an easy way to decorate for fall. A simple white vase is a good investment because you can just swap out spring and summer flowers for a more rustic and warm-hued fall bouquet. This is a great way to flex your creativity muscles!
There are so many ways to use flowers, wreaths, and foliage. (I especially love these on-sale silk hydrangeas in fall hues like orange and mustard!) Arrange them in a vase, hang them on a wall, create a table display, or assemble a wreath of your own.
5 Tips For Creating the Perfect Fall Display
Clockwise from top left: Pink Geode Bookends (other colors available) | Whiskey in a Teacup by Reese Witherspoon | All in Good Taste by Kate Spade | London in Bloom by Georgianna Lane | 3 Velvet Pumpkins for $30 (your choice of colors) | Medium Pink Leopard Print Ginger Jar (color in photo is not true) | Small Pink Leopard Print Ginger Jar (color in photo is not true) | Silk Pink Peonies
1. Group Things in Odd Numbers – When you’re arranging fall decor, be sure to group them in odd numbers, not even. Think 3, 5, or 7! I ordered this set of three velvet pumpkins in pinkish hues for my office! (See above.)
2. Mix Colors and Neutrals – White pumpkins are perfect for this! Use them to tone down and counter strong fall colors like red, yellow, and orange. Use the 60-30-10 rule to balance colors and create a palette. 60% of your display should be the dominant color, 30% should be a secondary color or texture, and 10% should be an accent color, like dusty blue!
3. Create Varying Heights – Hide small boxes or books under tablecloths and place your decorations on top to make different heights in your display. Disguise them using a plaid or burlap table runner or another long piece of fabric or ribbon. I always think jute mesh, buffalo plaid, or burlap ribbon looks great draped throughout a fall display.
4. Use Different Textures – These darling pumpkins come in so many textures and styles and look darling mixed together. Mix different fabrics like burlap, or other materials like velvet, felt, or glass to create interest.
5. Use Candles and Lights – Lighting can totally affect the feel of a room! Use twinkle lights, lanterns, and candles everywhere to create a cozy and warm atmosphere. Work mini battery-operated tea lights into table displays and centerpieces, add decorative lights to shelves, and hang strand lights! The more lights, the merrier!
Do you feel inspired? I hope so! It may be 100 degrees here in Dallas, but working on this post has me adding to cart left and right! Get creative — you don’t need to be an interior designer to transform your home into a cozy abode! I’m definitely not!
I’d love to know your best design tips and ideas for fall decor! Leave me a comment and share, okay? ‘Tis (almost!) the season for pumpkin spice and everything nice!