1. Jules L
    February 3, 2021 @ 8:15 am

Suzy! I did not know you lived in UK. WOW! After doing 23 and me I figured out my fascination – I am over 80% Scottish – I know there is probably a big difference if you are born there but it’s all so interesting to me- fashion, food, vocabulary etc etc. What a fun post and I plan to try the Queen’s tea! Thanks for sharing!

• Suzy Mighell
      February 3, 2021 @ 8:42 am

Jules,
      Yes! I am with you! My 23 and Me was like 93% British! How fun is that? You need to follow my pal @mushroomlondon on Instagram! You would love her. Thanks for your comment and I’m so happy you enjoyed the post!
      Come back tomorrow for more!

2. Laura Rieger
    February 3, 2021 @ 10:32 am

This is one of your funnest posts in a while! I too love all things British. I spent five months in England in my early 20s working in a “tea shoppe” so I served my share of scones and biscuits. I am going to reread this when I have more times and order a few items.

• Dawn Faller
      February 3, 2021 @ 2:27 pm

The book HRH is an excellent source of fashion and the Royals by E Holmes. I am loving this book as well as your post very well researched. Great job!

3. Suzy Mighell
    February 3, 2021 @ 11:01 am

Laura,
    Thank you so much! I’m so happy you liked it! I cannot believe you worked in a tea shoppe! What fun! Thanks for letting me know!

4. Margie
    February 3, 2021 @ 11:08 am

This is fun!
    I remember my “Princess Di” hair cut in the 80’s and back then when I wore my ruffled neck blouse I felt so Royal! Maybe…..I need another ruffled neck blouse or sweater.😉

5. Suzy Mighell
    February 3, 2021 @ 11:15 am

Margie,
    Yes, girl! We all had that haircut. You definitely need another ruffled neck blouse or sweater! They are such a hot look right now! The sweater I’m wearing on Instagram today is a great, affordable option! It’s 33% off + an additional 50% off with the code SOEXTRA. Here’s the link: https://rstyle.me/+7Pdno3zR4UIyknXzrIKkLw
    Have a great day!

6. Susan
    February 3, 2021 @ 11:30 am

Well, my go-to teabags are the Queen’s favorite, you say – who knew?! It really is the best everyday black tea I’ve found for when I just want to pop a bag in a mug instead of making a pot (although I occasionally make a pot with it, as well). The scone recipe is similar to the one I use but has one less egg, twice the sugar, a 1/4 cup extra flour and a little extra baking powder, and he bakes them much more slowly (15-20 minutes at 350 degrees versus 10-12 minutes at 450). I prefer a softer scone, which you can get by using less in the way of dry ingredients plus a faster bake, which keeps them from drying out the way so many do. You can make all kinds of variations by substituting different dried fruits – a favorite that would be great for Valentine’s Day is to substitute dried tart cherries (chop them just a little to get them to raisin size) and add a quarter teaspoon of almond extract with the egg(s) and milk. (A personal favorite of mine for any time substitutes a combination of chopped dried apricots and candied ginger, with just a little ground ginger mixed into the dry ingredients.) Thanks for the fun post!

• Suzy Mighell
      February 3, 2021 @ 12:17 pm

Susan,
      This is so helpful! I’m not the world’s greatest baker, so I really appreciate your advice! (Plus, mine have to be gluten free, so they tend to be drier anyway!)

I’m so glad you enjoyed the post! Thanks for your awesome comment!

xoox

7. Debi
    February 3, 2021 @ 11:31 am

This is a fabulous and informative post, Suzy! Having traveled to England , I soaked up every word written here.
    And, thank you so much for the time and research that went into making this post such a special one!❤️ ☕️ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

• Suzy Mighell
      February 3, 2021 @ 12:19 pm

Debi,
      I am so happy you enjoyed it! Yes, a trip to England is the first agenda on my travel list once the pandemic is behind us!

You are so welcome! I know I speak for Natalie and Casey too – we ALL enjoyed this one so much!

8. Betsie Z
    February 3, 2021 @ 2:05 pm

Hi Suzy! I am currently re-watching the Call The Midwife series, and since you mentioned it, why is it that they always make the tea “well sugared” when trying to comfort someone? Maybe like Southern sweet tea?? 🙂
    I had that Princess Di haircut back in the 80s! Seems like yesterday! This was a fun post, thanks!

9. Suzy Mighell
    February 3, 2021 @ 2:12 pm

Betsie,

Isn’t it hilarious? don’t know why the tea in Call the Midwife is always well-sugared, but I LOVE your theory! Hahaha! Everybody had Di’s haircut in the 80s!

I’m so glad you liked the post! Please feel free to share it and be sure to come back tomorrow for the accessories side of things! Wellies, Chelsea boots, ballet flats, and nude pumps, oh my!