1. Lyn
    October 1, 2018 @ 6:44 am

What a great post Suzy! We have been empty nesters for a few years now and totally enjoy it. We sold almost everything and moved closer to my husbands work, cutting his commute time down, so we are discovering a new city together (DC)! Thanks for all of the dating ideas.

October 1, 2018 @ 8:01 am

Lyn,
      I’m so glad you liked this post! I have several friends who, like you, have made moves in the empty nest to be nearer to their husband’s work. It makes it so much easier for our hard-working guys! It sounds like you’re really having fun, and I’m so glad! Thanks for reading Empty Nest Blessed and for taking the time to leave me a comment! xoxo Suzy

2. Suzan McLallen
    October 1, 2018 @ 7:22 am

This is a wonderful reminder to all of us that anything worth having is worth working on, even at 55 years! It is so easy to get complacent and fall back to “we’ve always”. This is encouragement to move into “we’re exploring and growing”. Great job Suzy!

October 1, 2018 @ 8:04 am

Suzan,
      I love you to pieces! I can’t tell you what it means to me that my second mom reads and like Empty Nest Blessed! Big love from me to your entire family! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. xoxo Suzy

3. Laura Rieger
    October 1, 2018 @ 10:29 am

Thanks for this post. I just read the girls’ guide to football and realize I should have paid more attention years ago. Watching football is one of the few ways my workaholic husband relaxes and he always wants me to join him. You are always on target, Suzy.

October 1, 2018 @ 10:39 am

Laura, Hahahahaha! There’s still time! I think it’s so great that he asks you to join him. You will be surprised at what you can learn by listening to the commentators and asking him a few questions. (Which he will LOVE, BTW. Everyone likes to be an “expert” and teach others about their area of expertise! I hope it goes great! (Even if you just tell him you read an article about it so you could learn more for him – that will mean the world.) You’re a great wife! xoxo Suzy