1. Cheryl
    May 17, 2018 @ 9:27 am

I’ve been waiting tables since I was 18 and I’m 52! It’s always given me the flexibility I need to raise 4 kids. Now they are 16, 18, 26 and 30. Getting very tired tho! Starting to think about a change real soon ????

May 17, 2018 @ 11:55 am

Cheryl,
      Wow! I’ll bet you have lots of stories! (Maybe you should become an author – LOL!) So proud of your hard work and persistence. That is amazing! I hope my post helped give you some good ideas about a potential change. Some of these could be done at the same time as your current job before making a big-time switch. Thanks so much for reading and commenting! xoxo Suzy

2. Brigit
    May 17, 2018 @ 2:51 pm

I’ve always been a teachers aide or a school fundraiser in the elementary school my kids attended. When they were young they loved it, but as they got into middle school it wasn’t as cool anymore. 🙂 So, when my last son went off to high school I left and worked volunteering in the classroom for the Ronald McDonald House as a teachers aide. There were kids from around the world needing an education while their siblings were getting transplants. They stayed for months or a year at a time. Now, my sweet baby will be a senior and I am going to enjoy this last year with him in any way he will let me. Your “closet” is adorable!

May 17, 2018 @ 3:06 pm

Hi Brigit!
      Thank you so much for sharing your story! And thank you for your years and years of giving back and serving others. You are an inspiration! Oh, enjoy this last one and this last year with him! What joy. Thank you for reading Empty Nest Blessed and for giving me a little peek into your life. You blessed me today! xoxo Suzy

3. Suzana Barton
    August 29, 2019 @ 11:28 am

Hi, Suzy. I stopped by your blog to read your latest article and got sidetracked when I saw this title. I can handle the bills well enough now. But I’m in charge of taking care of my mom. And I worry about how I will pay the bills when I have one less condo to rent (when I put her in one to live) and possibly mounting medical bills. I got some great ideas here. Thank you! ~ Suzana Barton

August 29, 2019 @ 3:53 pm

Suzana,
      You are amazing! Thank you for being such an inspiration! I am SO grateful that you got some good ideas from this post! Honestly, the older I get, the more I value the flexibility in my job! I am so glad you found this post helpful, my friend! xoxo Suzy