If you’ve followed me for a while, you know I love summer dresses! I especially love finding cute styles at affordable prices from stores I love. This week I am sharing with you 30+ summer dresses under $30, and the best thing is, they’re from your favorite everyday stores — Walmart and Target! I go to either Walmart or Target almost every single week! Do you?
I so appreciate the vast selection of merchandise and that I can get everything I need, from beauty to produce, right in one spot! It’s a huge time saver. Right? As I’ve walked through the store in the past year, I’ve noticed something — they’ve upped their fashion game, big time — especially Walmart! I’m talking on-trend and good quality. I’m so excited to share some of their easy-breezy dresses with you today!
Pleated Blouson Eyelet Sleeve Dress (Also in Navy & White) NOW reduced from $28 to $17! | Floral Bow Slides | Dot Drop Earrings | Colorful Cheetah Watch Band (For more fun Apple Watch bands, see THIS post.)
First of all, I have to tell you that my initial idea for this post was 30 dresses under $30, but we found so many darling dresses that we had to add the “+” sign after 30 to make the title work! 😂 Also, I couldn’t do a 30+ dresses under $30 without adding a few from Amazon, so I just had to pop some of those in too! (Don’t worry! I only included Amazon dresses I actually own, so I can give you the 👍 on quality!)
Remember the days when you had a “mom uniform?” Like, the kids were running crazy, and you just grabbed the same old standby outfit without taking the time to put much thought into it? Well, those days are over, my friends, and now it’s time to switch to a new “empty nester uniform!”
I think dresses are the best empty nester uniform for summer. I wear one almost every day when the weather is warm!
- They’re cooler than shorts.
- They’re versatile — change up your look by swapping your sneakers for sandals.
- They’re comfortable and easy to move in.
- They’re feminine and girly.
Tiered Knit Dress With Pockets – (under $15 and good quality!) – 8 color options! See them all HERE. | Pearl Embellished Sandals | Necklace Stack: Tennis Necklace; Abbie Strand Necklace; Open Frame Crystal Pendant Necklace | CZ Initial Pendant Huggies
See the Instagram REEL I made with this dress HERE.
If you’re a dress lover like me, you’ll love this post! We’ve rounded up the cutest affordable summer dresses that are perfect for your warm-weather empty nester uniform! These will have you looking good from errands and the office to that late-night movie date with the hubs. (Um, yeah…you can do that late-night date night now. And you should. Because you can!)
Printed Woven Mini Dress (Covers your upper arms!) | Ankle Strap Block Heel Sandals | Gucci Crossbody Bag | Stripe Hoop Earrings | Black Elastic Apple Watch Band (set of 3 colors) | Tory Burch Sunglasses (Similar)
Mini dresses are NOT off-limits to midlife women! Shorter dresses are fun, one of the coolest options in hot summer weather, and can be modest and appropriate if you pick one that is a length that makes you feel comfortable. As you’re browsing, keep in mind that the models you see in the photos are usually unusually TALL! I always find the dress length in the written description and get out my tape measure to check where it would fall on me.
Some of my favorites include:
- THIS pink A-Line dress was made for me! It is such a flattering cut and would be sooo cute for a baby shower, bridal shower, or another summertime event!
- Are you looking for an adorable, flutter sleeveless dress? THIS one is SO cute and has fantastic reviews. It would be perfect for keeping cool this summer, no matter where you go!
- Y’all absolutely loved THIS under $20 striped dress when I posted it on my Instagram. It is so fun and would make the perfect casual dress! The vertical stripes make it slimming, and the sleeves cover your upper arms.
- THIS gorgeous, embroidered A-Line dress would make a beautiful statement piece and be so cute for Memorial Day or July 4th! When you rock a brightly colored dress, you don’t have to worry about accessories. (BTW, how fun is it that Target is now using midlife models? I LOVE that!)
Midi & Maxi Summer Dresses
Black Tank Waisted Maxi Dress (9 color/pattern options) | Braided Strap Sandals (7 color options) | Ruched Hobo Handbag (13 color options) | Coral Cashmere Cardigan SOLD OUT | Dot Drop Earrings | Necklace Stack: Abbie Strand Necklace; Open Frame Crystal Pendant Necklace; Diamond Initial Pendant Necklace | TUMI Carry On Suitcase | Custom Tote (Design your own HERE.) | Custom Laptop Case (Design your own HERE.)
Watch the Instagram REEL I made with this dress HERE.
Midi or full-length summer dresses are great options if you’re looking for something a bit more formal. These dresses will still give you the comfort, ease, and breathability of minis, but will provide more coverage. That means you can wear them to all your summer events! I love a good midi or full-length dress for church, baby showers or bridal showers, date nights, or events with family and friends. Check out the super cute options below!
Some of my favorites include:
- I love THIS sleeveless sundress that comes in a variety of colors. The tangerine is stunning and would look beautiful with a summer tan! (Self-tanner, of course!)
- If there was ever a classic dress style, this is it! THIS beautiful, puff-sleeve off-the-shoulder dress will be a closet staple for years to come. (And if your upper arms are not your favorite body part, no worries! The sleeves on this dress cover them.)
- THIS brown floral, tiered dress would be gorgeous for a dinner date or a vacation, and it could go into the fall with boots or booties if you live somewhere warm.
- I’m digging the tropical vibes of THIS summery, one-shoulder midi dress! So breathable and perfect for the beach!
Navy Tank Waisted Maxi Dress (9 color/pattern options) | Floral Bow Slides | Hand-Painted Straw Handbag | Necklace Stack: Abbie Strand Necklace; Diamond Initial Pendant Necklace; Sanibel Island Pendant Necklace | Gold Huggie Earrings
If you saw my recent Instagram posts from Sanibel Island, you know how I feel about incorporating easy-to-wear dresses into your travel wardrobe. Now you know they’re perfect for your empty nester uniform too! I’ve put together a boutique of some of my favorite easy and affordable summer dresses at the bottom of this post. Many of the dresses come in multiple colors and patterns, so if you see a style you like, be sure to click on it to learn more!
Want more affordable summer dresses?
Did I miss anything? Leave a comment below and tell me your favorite place to shop for affordable summer dresses!