1. Cindy DeMarco
    November 17, 2021 @ 7:09 am

My Mom was one of those hostess with the mostest~ loved doing it all. So in her retirement she was the hostess for everything and loved it! But I also learned tea quickly that while she loved doing it all, she loved a good hack even more!♥️ I’m a fellow bad hostess.♥️ But these hacks are great.

November 17, 2021 @ 4:41 pm

Cindy,

I’m so glad I’m not alone! I’m thrilled that you found the post helpful and especially that your mom would approve! Thanks so much for leaving a comment and letting me know!

2. Shannon Leyerle
    November 17, 2021 @ 8:22 pm

Such a clever post! Funny but so many great ideas. Thanks!

November 18, 2021 @ 12:34 pm

Shannon,

It’s only funny because it’s all true! HAhaha! Thank you for your comment!

xoox

3. Helena
    November 19, 2021 @ 11:18 am

Another awesome post with great gift suggestions! Suzy, you seriously find the cutest things ever, and up till now I thought you were also the ultimate “Suzy Home Maker”! So funny, and I share your culinary challenges with hosting parties. I have a small kitchen and learned to cater my main dishes whenever possible. Same with dips and such that I can purchase from Costco or other specialty grocers. I just transfer it all to pretty or fun serving dishes. I’m all about the presentation so that’s my best hostess talent as well. I always have fun trivia games, board games and karaoke on hand. Agree, it’s all about spreading the love and not just the perfect food spread❤

November 19, 2021 @ 5:32 pm

Helena,

Thank you for your kind words and for those great suggestions! OH, I am FAR from Suzy Homemaker! 🤣

Happy Thanksgiving!

4. Betsie Z.
    November 20, 2021 @ 4:27 pm

Finally got to read this post, Suzy! Loved it!! Our Thanksgiving will be quiet, but with a daughter getting married the week before Christmas, I’ll be doing a lot of hosting in December! Lots of house guests, so you know I’ll want to keep things as easy as possible! Thanks for some good tips!!

November 20, 2021 @ 4:54 pm

Betsie,

You are the sweetest! Thank you! I love it that you’re trying to keep it simple – I’m all about that too – but I just like to make it look flashy! Hahahaha

Go get em’ girly!