1. EmptyNestBlessed
    May 17, 2017 @ 9:17 am

Shelia,
    Thanks so much for your comment. I love that you remind each other that you are on the same team! We say, “We’re in it together!” Gratitude=Joy for sure. Have a wonderful day! xoxo Suzy

2. EmptyNestBlessed
    October 2, 2017 @ 4:30 pm

Jana,
    Thanks so much for your comment! I love it that you all are working on this! Bob and I say thank you for the dorkiest things – like things we would normally do anyway. This morning, Bob thanked me for emptying the dishwasher and I thanked him for wheeling the trash cans out to the curb – two things that we’ve each done hundreds of times before! Saying “thank you” is NEVER wrong and always means something special. I’m so glad you are finding it a blessing in your marriage and I’m so grateful to you for sharing that with me. Thanks for reading Empty Nest Blessed. xoxo Suzy

3. JEANELL
    July 14, 2021 @ 9:15 am

I read how you tell the story of how you met, is a predictor of issues in your marriage. In a second marriage, I’m asked this often. I note how my heart feels and how we tell the story as a temperature reading of the relationship. Helps to be aware of issues to use all the helpful tools you wrote about.

• Suzy Mighell
      July 14, 2021 @ 10:57 am

Jeanell,

That’s so interesting! We laugh while we tell our how-we-met story. (I was dating Bob’s roommate! 😂) That’s such good advice. Thank you so much for sharing!

4. Linda Harris
    July 14, 2021 @ 10:04 am

Wonderful post. My husband always thanks me for everything I do for him. Every meal he always thanks me for fixing the meal. A few years back when whole wheat pasta first came on the market, I fixed some for dinner. It was terrible. The cardboard box probably had a better taste than the pasta did. My husband thanked me for the meal and then asked if we could never have that again! Something that my husband and I do that draws us closer is at night we always hold hands and pray together. A family that prays together stays together!

Linda

• Suzy Mighell
      July 14, 2021 @ 11:00 am

Linda,

I couldn’t agree more! Prayer is so important. It’s so intimate to pray with someone, and that definitely builds a marriage!

I love the story about your husband and the pasta. He sounds just like Bob!

Thanks so much for sharing!

5. Shannon Leyerle
    July 14, 2021 @ 10:43 am

Such a sweet post, Suzy! And very helpful and encouraging! The pandemic was actually great for our marriage. We had so much time to spend together – more than since before we’d had kids. I love the way Bob has embraced and supported your Empty Nest blog! Mark is my best Travel Advisor Cheerleader.

• Suzy Mighell
      July 14, 2021 @ 11:04 am

Shannon,

Aw, I love that! I think a lot of relationships grew during the pandemic! All I can think about is that I heard that we are in the middle of a post-pandemic baby boom, and I am so happy I am not a part of that! 😂

I love that Mark is so supportive of you and your business. It makes such a difference, right? Bob is my chief photographer, advisor, and accountant! (And so much more!)

Hugs to you both,

6. Julie
    July 14, 2021 @ 3:05 pm

Before I started reading this, I thought the two words were “I’m sorry.” They are almost as important as “Thank you.” I don’t need to be thanked for everything, but once in a while it’s nice to hear.

• Suzy Mighell
      July 14, 2021 @ 6:01 pm

Julie,

“I’m sorry” is important too, for sure. I wonder if there are any research studies about the power of those two words! Hahaha!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Julie!

7. Holly
    July 16, 2021 @ 10:09 pm

Loved your post. Thank you

8. Suzy Mighell
    July 17, 2021 @ 10:02 am

Holly,

I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for letting me know!