1. EmptyNestBlessed
    January 25, 2018 @ 4:19 pm

Amy,
    Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. So sweet of you! I think you are SO smart to be thinking ahead! I started praying and thinking about it right before my first one went off to college – and I was five whole years away from the empty nest. I have some resources on my website that are targeted at “Soon-to-be Empty Nesters” and you might find them helpful. You can access them here: http://emptynestblessed.com/not-yet-empty-nesters/
    Thanks again for your comment. Big hugs to you! xoxo Suzy

2. EmptyNestBlessed
    January 25, 2018 @ 10:27 pm

Anne, your precious comment made me cry! I couldn’t agree more. With God, all things are possible! I’m so proud of you and the mighty way the Lord is using you as his hands and feet to serve others! You are a great example of an Empty Nest Blessed woman and I’m honored that you are a reader! Thank you for sharing your story. I’m so grateful! Love and hugs to you, sweet Anne. I’m going to be praying for you! xoxo Suzy

3. Robben
    July 21, 2020 @ 12:31 pm

Hi Suzy,
    I just finished reading your post and listening to the podcast with Emily and I am grateful for your positivity, honesty and encouragement! Thank you for having the courage to tell your story! You are an inspiration to me everyday! I have just started a blog myself about life with my Pug, Chip and the podcast was a wonderful inspiration to keep working, posting and creating.
    Robben

July 21, 2020 @ 12:47 pm

Robben,
      I just clicked onto your adorable blog! Chip is the cutest, and I love the things you’re sharing – so fun and practical for so many who love their pups like their kids! Let’s do something together around the holidays with gift ideas for pets, okay? (I always have a section of my gift guide for pets, and I’d love to share the link to yours as well!)
      Keep moving forward with your blog, Robben, and sharing your heart!
      I so appreciate your comment! Thank you!

• Robben
        July 21, 2020 @ 10:22 pm

Suzy,
        I am grateful for the feedback about my blog. I would love to do something together around the holidays.
        Robben

4. Becky Montgomery
    July 21, 2020 @ 2:15 pm

Hello Sister Suzy!
    Oh my gosh! I just finished listening to your podcast with Emily. I laughed! I cried! I loved! Do you realize that you said, “In the early years…” when referring to your starting Empty Nest Blessed?! Can you believe that your vision now has a HISTORY?! Haha! I’m so very proud of you! I tell ya, when you came through the Theta Rush door, we all knew we had picked a good one!????????. I’m thrilled to still call you my friend!
    I want to call to your attention a woman I recently ran across on Instagram. SOOO inspirational!! Joan MacDonald @trainwithjoan
    Joan is 74 and lives in Canada. She embarked on a fitness & wellness journey at age 70 after “feeling tired of feeling sick and tired.” She had a long list of medical issues, accompanied by all of their medications. Meanwhile, her daughter (Michelle) and son-in-law own and operate Tulum Strength Club, which trains body builders, in the Yucatán Peninsula of Mexico. Michelle saw Joan’s declining health and attitude and said, “Mom, enough of this. We’re going to get you in shape.” Joan began her life changing journey at age 70–never having exercised, been athletic, used technology, etc. Her transformation and ongoing adventure is absolutely amazing. Her comments are so positive!! Please look her up. You and I are only in our 50’s. Joan MacDonald makes me feel SOOO much hope for so many fabulous years ahead! Check her out on Instagram at @trainwithjoan
    Love ya!
    Becky Lawler Montgomery

July 21, 2020 @ 9:31 pm

Becky,
      Aw, your comment just made me cry! Thank you for your kind and encouraging words, my precious sister and friend! I’m so grateful for your love and support!
      I just followed Joan! What a doll! Thank you for sharing her account with me!
      Love you! xoxo Suzy

5. Theresa
    July 21, 2020 @ 5:11 pm

Thanks for the inspirational post. I’m looking forward to watching the Angela Duckworth talk on Grit. At the age of 51 (in 3 weeks) I am heading back to school in a couple weeks–to get my law degree. What a humbling year-long process it has been: studying for the LSAT, applying and interviewing with students the same age as my kids! While I considered law school way back in my college years, what I want to do in the field looks totally different now. And my goals will be shaped by all those years as a Navy spouse and stay-at-home mom. I heartily encourage people to “get to know themselves again.” For me, the Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment was the key to learning about my innate, God-given talents and strengths. That helped point me toward finding the purpose I was made for.

July 21, 2020 @ 9:35 pm

Theresa,
      Oh, my word! I am in awe of you!!! Thank you for sharing your inspirational story with us. WAY TO GO, girly! I am so proud of you! You will make an amazing attorney!
      The Clifton StrengthsFinder (https://amzn.to/30yMlFB) is an amazing resource! Thank you for reminding us of it!
      Best of luck to you, precious girl! Know that I’m in your corner cheering you on!

6. KIM WIEDERHOLD
    January 31, 2021 @ 4:25 pm

WOW! This is just what I needed and when I needed it the most. Thank you. I already started asking friends for the three words that describe me. That was fun. What I liked most, was your reference to scripture. I’m now looking forward to regaining my identity, and purpose after motherhood.

• Suzy Mighell
      January 31, 2021 @ 6:11 pm

Kim,
      I’m so happy you found it helpful! It’s a big transition, for sure! Motherhood is such a precious task, and you’ll find that it doesn’t really end completely – it just morphs into something different! Take your time and be prayerful about what the Lord has for you in this stage of life! he has a plan for you! (Proverbs 16:9).

Thank you for taking the time to leave a sweet comment!