1. EmptyNestBlessed
    December 30, 2020 @ 11:56 am

Betsie,
    You are such a joy and your comments always make my heart sing! I don’t expect everyone to like everything, for sure, but I am so grateful that the authenticity and my diligence is somehow shining through! HAhaha! Thank you so for your constant encouragement and kind words. May the Lord richly bless your 2021, my friend!

2. EmptyNestBlessed
    December 31, 2020 @ 12:07 pm

Sweet Julie,
    Happy New Year! I am so sorry that you’ve had sad holidays. This year has been challenging for everyone – whether they share it or not – on some front or another. Trust me! I hear from lots of people. I’m honored to have been a part of your 2020, Julie, even if it’s just as small as makeup and tops! Hahaha! You are precious and I know you join me in hopefulness for a wonderful 2021 – full of lots of hugs and togetherness! Thanks for always being such a precious encouragement.

3. Laura Rieger Thal
    December 29, 2021 @ 7:27 am

Enjoy the Sugar Bowl! Nice post. I am shopped out with the after Christmas sales. Going to make a point of watching New Years Eve. My favorite posts are your book recommendations and thoughts about developing strong relationships with our adult children. Also love the tech tips!

December 29, 2021 @ 10:30 am

Laura,

So fun to hear from you! I haven’t done a book recommendation post in a really long time and I’m reading a great one right now! It’s Lee Strobel’s new book (https://amzn.to/3FIUoCX). It’s been a good perspective reminder for me! Thanks so much for your input. It means a lot to me that you took the time to leave it!

Happy New Year, sweet friend!

4. Amy
    December 29, 2021 @ 8:18 am

Great post! I love the Dip Day idea! Double Ditto is fun. Fishbowl, CatchPhrase, CodeNames, and Nertz are all favorites. Happy New Year!

December 29, 2021 @ 10:31 am

Amy,

Now going to look all of those up! Thank you so much for the suggestions! We love trying new games! Grateful for your suggestions and it means a lot that you took a minute to leave them!

Happy New Year!

5. Suzi
    December 29, 2021 @ 10:57 am

Loved your suggestions & the recipe. Thank you for tech tips !! And the book tips too. Appreciate your uplifting attitude & love of the Lord. May you have a blessed & prosperous New Year in 2022

December 29, 2021 @ 11:43 am

Suzi,

Thank you for your sweet comment! You made my day! Okay, more tech & book tips to come! And I will ALWAYS be authentic about my faith. It’s my very being!

Happy New Year, Suzi, and thank you for taking a second to leave a comment! I so appreciate it!

6. Cynthia M
    December 29, 2021 @ 5:58 pm

Happy New Year Suzy,
    So fun to read this post. Some of my fondest NYE memories were hosted by my Grandmother and Great Aunt E. While it was a bittersweet time for my Grandmother who lost her only child, my mother, on the 27th of December, (I was 3) her strength was in the Lord, she made sure to not only make Christmas special for me but also NYE, a time of hope and expectation. She’d craft a “punch” of pineapple juice and squirt (pre Martinellis). We’d enjoy snacks in lieu of dinner, play cards and games and always watch the Times Square ball drop on tv. I share as “Empty Nesters” become grandparents too….. 🙂 Our family celebrates “dip day” ….aka Super Bowl dip consisting of Cream Cheese, Rotel tomatoes and browned ground sausage. Thanks for the fun post which for me was reminiscent. Enjoy the Sugar Bowl, it will be a fun game to cheer on in person!!!! Blessings, Cynthia

7. EmptyNestBlessed
    December 29, 2021 @ 8:00 pm

Cynthia,

I loved reading your sweet memories! Thank you for sharing! Your Super Bowl dip sounds amazing and I may just have to add it to the mix! Your Grandmother and Great Aunt E. sound like amazing women who grounded you in faith and a precious spirit of family joy.

Happy New Year, Cynthia! Thanks again for sharing and for taking the time to do it!