1. Martine Benzio
    October 27, 2021 @ 7:25 am

Thank you so much for this great get ready for Christmas post! I am going to use many of the ideas starting next week!

October 27, 2021 @ 8:00 pm

Martine,

I’m so glad to hear that! I always feel better when I’m organized in advance! Thanks so much for leaving me a comment and letting me know!

2. Sue Lazenby
    October 27, 2021 @ 8:05 am

Thank you so much for this helpful post. I would also love hearing how you and others handle gifting to adult children who now have spouses/partners. I am finding this transition hard as my family grows!

• Gina Mccann
      October 27, 2021 @ 9:24 am

Sue, me too! I have my adult children and spouse make a Amazon wish list. That seems to work the best for my 40 something’s.

October 27, 2021 @ 8:08 pm

Gina,

We do that too, but then I ask my children to help me narrow down what would be the most meaningful and special gift for their spouse. They love that I am taking the time to be intentional and thoughtful about what would be the most precious gift and would really bless their spouse! It’s also fun for them because they’re “in” on the surprise!

I hope that helps!

October 27, 2021 @ 8:03 pm

Sue,

That’s a great question! I’ve found that it really means a lot to my kids when I ask for their help buying for their spouses. Usually, I try to have a few ideas for them to choose from. I basically get those from just learning about the new spouse! Bob and I treat the new family member like they’re one of our own kids, and so our spending limit is the same as it is for the kids we gave birth to!

I hope that helps!

• Sue
        October 28, 2021 @ 8:13 am

Thank you so much for your response! That does help! I am really enjoying your blog!

October 28, 2021 @ 10:02 am

Aw, Sue! That means a lot to me, thank you!

3. Cynthia Solomon
    October 27, 2021 @ 9:32 am

THANKS SUZY!! These last few months of the year always fly by, being prepared is a great way to enjoy them with less stress and more JOY!! Thank you, as always, for being so dedicated to your blogging friends!!

4. EmptyNestBlessed
    October 27, 2021 @ 8:04 pm

Cynthia,

You’re the sweetest! It is my joy to bless and serve you and I’m so grateful to have a job that lets me do that in such a tangible way!

I’m grateful for your kind words!