Want to see what I bought in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale? I thought you might! I thought you might like to see what I bought already and was able to pick up in-store! I’ll share fit and sizing information in case you’re interested in these pieces too! I’m also going to fill you in on what I already returned, what I placed orders for, and what was already sold out when I shopped.
When I finally shopped last Friday, several of the pieces I’d had my eye on were already sold out! However, some of these may be restocked when the sale opens to the general public on July 28, 2021. I’ll be watching for sure, and I’ll keep you posted!
The fact that things sell out so quickly in the Nordstrom Sale is one of the things a lot of people dislike about it! 😒 I’m one of those people, so I get it! From a business standpoint, I understand what Nordstrom is trying to do by creating demand through scarcity. But it’s frustrating.
If the pieces you had your heart set on are already out of stock, take heart! Instead, try to use the sale as an opportunity for a preview of the upcoming fall trends. I promise there will be other pieces to love that come along as we get closer to fall. 😊
The good news is that we found options! Coming up later this week, look for a Splurge or Save: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Edition post! 💃🤸♀️🙌 Since the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale does offer pretty great prices, some of the items in the splurge or save post are similar in price, and they’re definitely similar in style. That means if you decide to “splurge,” you’re still saving, thanks to Nordstrom! And if your favorite items were sold out at Nordstrom, we have options for you! You really can’t go wrong!
What I Bought and Picked Up In-Store
- Sizing: TTS. I’m wearing an XXS, and it’s a little tight through the upper back. But I always buy leather a little tight because it gives over time for a really nice custom fit.
- Quality: I am in love! This was a splurge item for me, and it really delivered! I love the moto rocker chick vibe and the color is such a hot neutral right now. The leather is like buh-tah! It also comes in classic black.
- Price: Was $489, now $325.90.
Sam Edelman Olly Knee High Boot in Sesame | Lilly Pulitzer Florin Reversible Tank Top (not from the Nordstrom Sale) | Colorblock Cardigan (not from the Nordstrom Sale) | Mott & Bow Ridge Mom Jeans in Dark Blue (not from the Nordstrom Sale)
- Sizing: TTS. I’m wearing an 8. The heel is 3 1/4″ and they’re pull-on style (so no zipper). The first couple of times I pulled them on was challenging and Bob had to help me pull them off! But it was SO WORTHH IT once they were on! The squared-off toe is very on-trend for fall, along with the wooden block heel. Both of these features also make them comfortable and easy to walk in. (This just goes to show why Sam Edelman is one of my favorite brands for midlife feet!)
- Quality: I love the neutral light camel color of these booties. The quality is incredible and the suede is buttery soft to the touch. If you get them, you’ll want to use a suede protector, since the color is pretty light, But again, SO WORTH IT! Also comes in black suede, gray suede, and ecru leather.
- Price: Originally $225.00, marked down to $149.90.
- Sizing: I wear a size 8. I have also have wide feet (C width). Nordstrom’s sizing guideline said “Runs small; order 1/2 size up.” But with the very pointed toe, I was still worried, so I ordered them in both 8 1/2 AND 9! 😂 (Do y’all ever do that?) I ended up keeping the 9. If your feet are narrow or medium (B width), I would go with Nordstrom’s sizing recommendation.
- Quality: I LOVE them! Once I got the sizing figured out, I found them extremely comfortable. They go high enough on your ankle to wear with both trendy cropped jeans and mom jeans, which is a plus. They are the most fantastic neutral color! I think the slit on the sides makes them more feminine and more flattering than booties that have a solid round top. In fact, I loved them so much, I also bought them in black! Other available colors are dark brown, medium (reddish) brown, and cognac.
- Price: Originally $150.00, marked down to $99.90.
Levi’s 501 Distressed Crop Mom Jeans | Vince Camuto Welland Bootie in Tortilla Suede | Lilly Pulitzer Florin Reversible Tank Top (not from the Nordstrom Sale) | Colorblock Cardigan (not from the Nordstrom Sale) | Chico’s Tan & White Stripe “Touch of Cool” Tee
- Sizing: TTS. I’m wearing a 26×26. Order by waist size, because the length is 26″ no matter what size you order.
- Quality: This is my first real pair of “Mom” jeans! I love the on-point cropped length, and the very big for fall lighter denim color. The distressing is my favorite type—slight, with the threading over the “hole.” It can be challenging to find mom jeans that are actually figure-flattering (I’ve tried!), but these are! They have a button fly, as you can tell I wanted to be sure you saw! 😁 They’re not too baggy, which is nice.
- Price: Originally $98.00, marked down to $64.90.
What I Bought and Didn’t Photograph
Since we were heading to Miami, I didn’t have time to photograph everything I brought home with me! Here are a few other goodies that I’m so happy with. (Largely because they were a great price for tried and true brands I wear and love all the time.)
- Sizing: TTS. I bought and XS and it’s got a loose, lovely fit. It will be perfect for layering.
- Quality: North Face is such a great brand and you can always count on them for quality. This jacket is the sweetest color and I adore it!
- Price: Originally $129.00, marked down to $96.90.
- Sizing: TTS. I bought and XS. It’s the perfect fit to wear over a sports bra for working out. The armholes aren’t too big for a normal bra, though, so it will also work for everyday with shorts, jeans, or joggers.
- Quality: Zella is Nordstrom’s own brand of athletic wear, and I always find that it’s really good quality.
- Price: Originally $35.00, marked down to $22.90.
- Sizing: I thought these ran a little smaller than the ones I bought years ago and still use. I bought a S (since that’s what the older ones I own are), but I probably could’ve stood to buy a M.
- Quality: I’ve worked out in Nike Dri-Fit Running Shorts for years, but haven’t bought a new pair in forever because they last and last!
- Price: Originally $30.00, marked down to $22.50.
What I Bought and Had to Order
- Spanx Faux Leather Jogger Pants
- Halogen Faux Leather Long Sleeve Shirtdress
- Sam Edelman Poppy Sneaker (in Cali Rose Leather)
- Karl Lagerfeld Pola Studded Chelsea Bootie (in Black)
- Vero Moda Tari Leopard Spot Jacquard Sweater (in Tobacco Brown)
- Blank NYC Faux Shearling with Faux Leather Trim Bomber Jacket (in Silver Lining)
- Caslon Camo Utility Jacket
What I Changed My Mind About or Returned
- RETURNED: Caslon Miller Water Resistant Chelsea Boot – These were loose and big on me and I decided I didn’t really like them. Also, Bob was all like, “What exactly are you trying to say with those?” 😂 He didn’t understand the look at all!
- CeCe Puff Sleeve Mixed Media Top – Although I always love anything by CeCe, I decided to stick with fall clothes.
- Steve Madden Cedar Chain Bootie – I’m almost never happy with Steve Madden’s quality, and I was so thrilled with the Vince Camuto Welland Booties I bought in two colors, I decided to forego.
- Club Monoco Woven Sleeve Sweater – I decided the color of the sweater was not going to be great with my complexion and reddish haircolor, so I didn’t order it. (But I still really like it!)
- Bony Levy Liora Diamond Frontal Stud Earrings and Bony Levy Mika Single Halo Diamond Square Pendant Necklace – When the Balfern Leather Biker Jacket ended up being so perfect, I decided I didn’t need to splurge on anything else!
What I Wanted That Was Sold Out
- BB Dakota Plaid Bouclé Shirt Jacket (Shackets were a hot seller this year! Both of the ones I wanted sold out early!)
- Blank NYC Plaid Shirt Jacket
- Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Lite® Long Cardigan (Anything Barefoot Dreams always goes so fast!)
- Good American Crop Skinny Jeans (As I told you in my post about what was on my wish list, the death of the skinny jean has been greatly exaggerated! They’re still everywhere!)
- 1.State Ruffle Trim Faux Leather Shirt (I was really sad this one was sold out, and I’m hoping for a restock!)
So, that’s what I bought in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! Have you shopped the sale yet? If so, what purchases have you loved? What have you been disappointed with? I’d love to know! Leave me a comment and spill, the tea okay?