Once again, I’m barely squeaking in at the end of the month to get you SO in the KNOW! Where does the time go? With Memorial Day right around the corner, we can officially celebrate the start of summer! You know this heat-loving girl is so ready! 🌞
I’ve got lots to share with you today, so let’s jump in, okay?
What I’m Learning in my Empty Nest
An Alternative to Airbnb & VRBO
I hope you’ve made plans for the summer that you’re excited about! Judging from everything Bob and I see as we’re trying to rent cars and book rooms for trips we’ve already planned, most people are staying put right here in the good old USA this summer. If you’re having trouble finding an affordable place to stay this summer, you might want to consider booking an unused time-share! Check reputable websites like Trading Place International or RedWeek for opportunities.
Amazon is Now Into Drugs
Hahaha! Did that get your attention? 😂 What am I talking about? Recently, Amazon launched Amazon Pharmacy, seeking to enter the drug price wars in a big way. The new digital pharmacy offers free two-day home delivery. Amazon Prime members who sign up for the new service can get up to 80% off many drugs with the new prescription saving benefit if they don’t pay with insurance. For more information or to sign up, click HERE.
Want to compare prices? Did you know that anyone can buy prescription drugs at Costco or Sam’s Club without being a member? It’s worth comparing prices, right? Also, did you know that you can also buy almost anything at Costco if someone gives you a gift card? And Sam’s Club, non-members can buy alcohol and get free hearing tests!
Speaking of Amazon…Want to Get Paid for Shipping?
There are times when that same day, next day, or Amazon Prime two-day shipping comes in really handy on Amazon! But there are other times that you really don’t need to rush things. Did you know that you can opt for slower shipping on some orders to get other discounts, like $1 off Kindle books (see current best-sellers HERE) or Amazon music, or money towards a Prime Pantry box? Look for the options at checkout.
If you’ve got a child who is getting married this year, I have a couple of cool things I just learned about and want to share with you!
- There are huge benefits to signing up for a wedding registry on Amazon! Check them out HERE.
- My friends at Joy Creative Shop have just opened a wedding shop on their site! We’re talking stationery, gift tags, coasters, stickers for favors, and more! You can customize everything to coordinate with your color scheme, and the quality and service are the best! (Plus, you can use ENB10 for a 10% discount off anything you purchase, sitewide!) 🙌Click HERE to check it out.
What I’m Loving
- Personalized Gingham Dress – Patriotic Look On-Point – Did I tell y’all we’re having a big July 4th party this year? That means I’ve been scouring the interwebs for decor, paper goods, and outfit ideas! If you’re not sure what to wear for July 4th, know that we’ve got a roundup post we’re working on right now that will be full of the cutest red, white, and blue looks you ever did see! As for me, I snagged this cute gingham tee dress for just $16.99 and opted for a monogram in red! All of the clothes from this brand fit TTS. I ordered it in the tie-dye version ($19.99) to wear at the beach next week when I’m taking my two assistants on a fun working vacay, so watch out for that!
2. Affordable & Colorful Apple Watch Bands – Did you see our post about the cutest Apple Watch bands on the interwebs? I wish we’d known about this one when we rounded up our faves! Made of pure silicone and flexible elastomer, these Apple Watch Bands are flexible and comfortable. They’re a little slimmer than the one that comes with your watch, and at $6.99, you can afford multiple colors! (They offer 24 options!) Click HERE to see more.
3. Trinket Tray – Affordable, Personalized Gift – Y’all know I think personalized gifts are the best! They show that you went that extra mile to make the gift meaningful for that special someone. This 4×5 ceramic trinket tray has a gold initial in the center and gold trim around the edge, and it’s only $13.99. #giftinggoodness
4. The Peace Project by Kay Wills Wyma – Blogger, author, vodcaster (video creator), and mother of five, Kay Wills Wyma has done it again. The Peace Project invites you to “partake in a thirty-day experiment to experience lasting personal peace through the outward practices of thankfulness, kindness, and mercy.” The author of Cleaning House: A Mom’s Twelve-Month Experiment to Rid Her Home of Youth Entitlement, I’m Happy for You (Sort Of…Not Really): Finding Contentment in a Culture of Comparison, and Not the Boss of Us: Putting Overwhelmed in its Place in a Do-All, Be-All World, brings her trademark wit and wisdom to our struggle to find lasting peace and worth. This book is transformative! (I highly recommend all of her books!)
5. Adjustable Dumbbells – We all know that weight-bearing exercise needs to be part of our routines as we age to combat osteoporosis and age-related muscle loss. These under $30 adjustable dumbells make it easy to add a little (or a lot) of extra resistance to your normal exercise routine. Adjust each weight from 2.3 lbs. to 4.5 lbs. by adding weight at the ends of each dumbell. There’s a 30-day refund, so no risk!
6. Draper James x Lands’ End Swimwear – For the second year in a row, Draper James has teamed up with Land’s End to create a swimwear line that “celebrates all women with comfortable, confidence-inspiring swimwear.” Proceeds from the line benefit Girls Inc.—a nonprofit that supports girls in a safe environment through mentoring relationships, advocating for legislation to increase opportunities for girls, and educating the media on issues facing girls. All of the swimwear is available in regular and plus size. The one you see in the collage above is the one I own, and it has a tummy control panel to help shape and smooth, along with a twist front to enhance a small bust 🙋♀️. #yay 🤸♀️💃🎉There are so many flattering designs, and this year the collection also includes coverups and accessories. Click HERE to check out the entire line.
7. The Cutest Patch Hats – Are you a baseball cap kinda girl? I just discovered this website with a wide and unique assortment of patch hats that are perfect for summer! (And, of course, being a Texas girl myself, I chose the Texas hat for this collage!) Click here to take a look at all of them, and while you’re there, check out the clothes too! #uniqueandfun
8. Pave CZ Letter Charm Huggies – Your girl Suzy will never stop wearing fun statement earrings in the summer, but I have to admit, a sweet and dainty earring is really my year ’round fave. These tiny huggie hoop earrings are just $12.95 ($10.36 if you check the 20% coupon box on the item page.), and they come in every single initial. (Yep! Even the typically hard-to-find ones!) You may have already spotted these on me on Instagram! #greatgiftidea
9. The Vacay Shirt Your Hubby Needs – I realize that I kinda won’t shut up about Bob’s favorite $22 men’s linen shirt, but it really is one of the best things I’ve ever ordered from Amazon! I took a chance on it last year after hearing another influencer rave about it, and I am so happy I did! Bob now owns it in three colors, and he loves it as much as I do. In fact, he likes it better than the fancy-schmancy one we bought in Greece two years ago! It’s machine washable (hang to dry), no ironing needed. #hothubby
10. 3-in-1 Divided Saute Pan – This cool saute pan is THE THING with all of my empty nester foodie friends! It’s perfect when you’re cooking for one or two, gives you less to clean up, and it’s cast aluminum for even heating.
11. The Wine Wand – No More Wine Headaches – Have you heard about The Wine Wand? You simply stir it in your wine, and it removes all of the Histamines and Sulfites, so you don’t get a headache. It doesn’t change the aroma, taste, or color of the wine, and it’s portable, easy-to-use, and disposable. Here’s how it works:
- Place The Wine Wand into a 6 oz glass of wine for at least 3 minutes. Stir intermittently to remove over 50% of the histamines and sulfites from the wine. (The stirring action helps to aerate and purify the wine at the same time.)
- After 8 minutes, as much as 95% of the histamines and sulfites are removed.
- Leave The Wine Wand in your glass as long as you would like. (The longer you keep it in, the more it will purify your wine.)
I haven’t used The Wine Wand, but I’ve heard it’s amazing and the ratings on Amazon are great!
12. Classic Tory Burch Flip Flops – I’m a fan of mixing high-end and low-end fashion. I’m also a fan of a good classic fashion item that will never go out of style. These Tory Burch Flip Flops in a true nude shade called “Makeup” fit the bill! The color means they elongate your leg, go with anything, and the quality means they’ll last. (I’ve had mine for over five years.) They fit TTS. We ran down some great, trendy sandals in our recent 2021 SANDAL STYLES | SIX LOOKS TO SHOP FOR SUMMER post, but if you’re thinking about buying just one pair of sandals this year, make it these. You won’t regret it. (Free shipping/returns.)
13. Workout Shorts for Summer – By now, you probably own a pair of leggings, cropped leggings, or even bike shorts with a convenient side pocket for your cell phone. It’s so handy if you want to use your Bluetooth earbuds to talk on the phone or listen to music or a podcast while you’re out for a walk. When I stumbled across these ingenious workout shorts on Amazon, I nearly flipped! They’re perfect for summer. They not only have a hidden side pocket for your phone but also a zippered back pocket for keys or credit cards, etc. The breathable moisture-wicking inner layer provides support (read that: sucks you in!🙌), while the outer layer has a split design for ease of movement. The wide elastic waistband has internal drawstrings for a custom fit. I own them in pink and black, and I also love how the interior “bike short” style liner comes down just slightly lower than the outer layer for modesty. Check out all of the colors HERE or click one of the images below. #chicandpractical
I hope you feel SO in the KNOW! I always have such fun sharing what I’m learning and loving in my empty nest! I’d love to know what you’re learning and loving right now too! Please leave me a comment or send me an email if you’ve got something to share!
Coming up on Friday, I’m bringing you a comprehensive list of all of the best Memorial Day Weekend Sales! If you’re not yet subscribed to my email list, this would be a good time to do that! I don’t want you to miss a thing!