Happy Weekend! After a week full of stops and starts (thanks to Tropical Storm – later Hurricane Eta!), we finally arrived at our beach condo on Thursday evening! (We were originally scheduled to come last Sunday.)
The painters were painting the enamel trim at our house in Dallas this week, which was why we originally planned to be gone in the first place! (Can anyone say, “paint fumes?”😬) So, we moved to a hotel in Dallas while we waited for the storm to pass. We were finally able to get out on Thursday, and we’re so happy to be here in our favorite place!
I’m thankful that I was able to work at Bob’s office this week! I got some posts finished up and finalized some fun partnerships for the coming weeks and months. (More to come on that!) I also added some items to the Empty Nest Blessed Empty Nesters’ Gift Guide. I do that throughout the holiday season, so if you’ve already looked at it, know that it’s definitely worth coming back to again and again as you shop throughout the season!
Awesome Gift Guide Additions
- Play-Doh Grown Up Scents in the Stocking Stuffers Gift Guide — The line, especially for grown-ups, comes in scents like Overpriced Latte, Spa Day, Mom Jeans, Dad Sneakers, and Grill King, but you still shouldn’t eat it. 😂 This $11.99 set would be fun to break up and use to stuff stockings!
- Tumi Leather Backpack in the Gifts for Him Gift Guide — This gorgeous leather backpack is a splurge, for sure, but it will make a big splash, for sure! Your guy can use it to take the place of a briefcase or travel carryon. (I surprised Bob with this last Christmas!)
- Touchland Power Mist Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer in the Stocking Stuffers Gift Guide — This sleek moisturizing hand sanitizer is infused with essential oils and packaged to fit perfectly in your pocket.
- L’Occitaine Lavender Collection in the Gifts For Her Gift Guide — Perfect for the woman who deserves some serious self-care!
- Snake Pillow from the Gifts for Grandkids Gift Guide — This darling pillow is part of an adorable collaboration between Primatologist Jane Goodall and Crate & Barrel! Check out the full line HERE.
- Kurt Adler Blue & White Nativity Set in the Gifts for Home Gift Guide — This pretty ceramic nativity set is on my list!
- Reversible Plaid Dog Coat in the Gifts for Pets & Pet Lovers Gift Guide —How much do we love this reversible plaid dog coat? Comes in XS, S, M, L, and reverses to a Burberry-like plaid. So cute!
- Bark Box Subscription Service in the Gifts for Pets & Pet Lovers Gift Guide — A fun monthly themed subscription box of 2 innovative toys, all-natural bags of treats, and a chew for your furry friend.
Best Gift Guides
Oh, there’s a lot on the Empty Nest Blessed Empty Nesters’ Gift Guides, for sure! But hey! There are lots of other great gift guides out there. Click the links to go right to the gift guides at a few of my faves spots!
- Amazon’s Gift Guides (To shop the curated Empty Nest Blessed Amazon Gift Guides, click HERE.)
- Best Buy
- Draper James
- J.Crew Factory
- Kate Spade
- Kendra Scott – $50 and under HERE; $75 and under HERE; $100 and under HERE
- Lilly Pulitzer Gifts under $100
- Nordstrom Gifts Under $100
- Other Nordstrom Gift Guides
- Oprah’s Favorite Things 2020
- Sephora – Great deals on value sets!
- Tory Burch (I love all the festive red pieces!)
An Exciting Partnership
I get questions from you guys all the time about midlife beauty issues and what to do about them! You want to know about skincare, cosmetic procedures, and lots of other midlife beauty issues! I get it! There are so many products, with so many ingredients, and so many procedures! It’s confusing, and hard to know the best options for your individual issues as well as the best place to spend your money.
Well, I’m thrilled to announce that I’ve partnered with the Dallas Center for Dermatology and Aesthetics for 2021 to get you some answers! Look for some blog posts, Instagram & Facebook posts, Instastories, Facebook Lives, along with YouTube and IGTV videos. I’ll be educating you about the treatment options for various beauty and skin issues, by talking with the DCDA doctors, sharing products and special discounts from their online store, and even undergoing some cosmetic procedures 😲 myself!
We’ll be kicking things off in January with a survey. In it, you’ll have an opportunity to share all your questions and everything you want to know, and then we’ll take it from there!
Pretty exciting, right?
In Other Partnership News…
In other hilarious partnership news, I’ve signed on to represent the Hair Biology hair care line that I love so much by embodying a certain, er, holiday persona, shall we say…on their Instagram, Facebook, and website all through December. I can’t tell you much more, except that Hair Biology’s Silver & Glowing Line is definitely the product of choice for this character. 😆😂
ENB Best-Sellers This Week
I am super impressed that you all are getting after that holiday shopping. (Your favorite blogger hasn’t even started! 😆) Here’s what you’re loving:
- This pretty hand lotion set is sure to delight any woman on your list!
- This open front color block cardigan would be perfect for Thanksgiving! I wore it in THIS Instagram post and another color block version in THIS blog post!
- I’ve got several block letter monogram necklaces on my gift guide this year! One is $312.50 (14K gold) at Nordstrom, one is $38 at Anthropologie, and one is just $8.99 on Amazon! They’re all really popular!
- These faux leather camo leggings are so cute!
- This slouchy crewneck sweater at Target. It comes in so many color options!
Instagram This Week
Monogrammed Elbow Patch Pullover Tunic | Bronze Metallic Leggings | UGG Wedge Shearling Booties | Clear Gameday Bag in Green Snakeskin Trim (Great gift idea! Many other team colors available.) | Tassel Fan Earrings
This yummy snap front pullover tunic is monogrammed free and has the cutest elbow patches! But the real star of the outfit, in my opinion, are the Sherpa-lined wedge booties from UGG. They are awesome!
I said on Instagram Stories that this puff sleeve sweater was the nicest quality item I had ever ordered from Amazon, and I meant it! The fine gauge knit is beautiful and the detailing is incredible. I literally ordered it in every color!
Open Front Color Block Cardigan (several color options) | Similar Tan Jeans | Long Sleeve White Crewneck Tee | Similar White Belt | Bow Mules | Tiffany “Return To” Heart Necklace | Tiffany “Return To” Heart Bracelet
Did you snag a pair of bow mules after reading my Three Classic Holiday Fashion Must-Haves For Women Over Fifty post? How festive are they?
Best Weekend Sales
Every week, I comb the web for the best weekend sales! Also, my relationship with some brands allows me to get advance notice of select upcoming sales. I always share those with you right here in my weekend posts! My heart is to help you stress less and rejoice more this holiday season. 🎄⛪💗
Thank you for shopping with my links! When you click through on one of the pink text links or images in my posts, I earn a commission on any sale that my link drives. It will never cost you any extra, and it allows me to keep doing this job I love so much!
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH | 15% off entire purchase. Every time I look at A&F, I wonder why I don’t shop there more! Going to really dive in this weekend!
LAND’S END | 40% off entire purchase with code NUTS. Little known fact about Suzy: I love Land’s End! I love their…wait for it…silk long underwear! I shared a video with my Instagram followers this week where I showed them my secret for traveling from a cold climate to a warm one. (Especially because the temps on a plane can be unpredictable.🙄) Yep! Non-bulk-adding silk long underwear.
NORDSTROM | Remember the tip I always give you about Nordstrom? Check the sale section constantly for the best deals (and use the filters in the left sidebar to make your shopping time-efficient!) Want a sneak peek at the Cyber Weekend deals? Oh, I’ve got you! Click HERE.
NORDSTROM RACK | Check the deals below.
- UGG Flash Sale (If you’ve been looking for a good price on UGG, start HERE!)
- Free People from $25.
- Puffers and other outerwear up to 65% off.
- Lagos fine jewelry
OLD NAVY | 50% off pajamas, sweatshirts, jeans.
SOMA | Friends & Family Event! Save an amazing 25% sitewide (exclusions apply). (Ends Monday, 11/16.) In addition to our Friends & Family Event, Soma is also offering $49 Cool Night Sleep Sets & $69 Cozy Sleep Sets!
SHUTTERFLY | 50% off almost everything + free shipping with code SHIP4FREE. Their gift items (just upload a picture and create!) are always best-sellers on the Empty Nest Blessed Empty Nesters’ Holiday Gift Guide!
TARGET | Not to be outdone by Walmart 😂, Target is celebrating Black Friday all month with new deals every week! Click HERE to check out this week’s Black Friday deals in electronics, kitchen appliances, vacuums, and more!
VINEYARD VINES | 30% off almost everything in their Early Black Friday sale with code CHEER. This is the perfect place to shop for teen and college boys! My college-age nephew lives in Vineyard Vines tees!
Suzy’s Tip: Use the filters on the left side of the page to narrow your search.
I’ll be spending some beach time this weekend, and also gearing up for next week! Working on bringing you posts with ideas for holiday date nights for couples + my fave Gift Ideas for Him and another full of fresh and new activity ideas for what to do with the fam during the holidays.
Have a wonderful weekend, sweet friends!
SHOP MY LOOK