Do you have an Apple Watch? I love my Apple Watch Series 3! Right now, you can buy the Series 3 models for as little as $199! Sure, the only bands available are the standard (but durable) black or white silicone, but that doesn’t matter! As you can see, there are tons of Apple Watch bands to choose from to change up your look. (So much so that I did this entire post!)
Click any of the collages, images or pink text links in this post for more information.
Apple Watch Bands: About the Apple Watch Itself
I had other wearable fitness trackers before, but never one that could do as much as my Apple Watch. Honestly, I don’t know how I would get along without it now! Besides telling the time, it can also do things like:
- Make calls and answer the phone. Yep! I’ve had many entire conversations just by talking to my wrist ????.
- See and answer texts.
- Track how much I move, exercise????♀️, and stand. (And even remind me to take a break, stand up, and move around at intervals.)
- Ping my phone ???? if I’ve misplaced it in the house. (I use this feature at least once a day! ????)
- Use Apple Pay to pay for groceries, coffee, or even send money to a friend. (Or, let’s be real—to my kids! ????)
- Track my heart ♥ rate and notify me if it gets unusually low or high.
- Store my favorite songs????.
- Swim. It’s water-resistant.
- Get turn-by-turn “taps” when I’m using Apple maps for directions.
- Contact emergency services. I’ve never needed to, thank goodness, but I’m ready if I ever need to do it.
Of course, never one to rest on their laurels, in September 2019, Apple released the Apple Watch Series 5. The Series 5 has all of the features of the Series 3 and 4 models. (BTW, new Series 4 watch models are no longer available. You can find refurbished ones in several places, but I wouldn’t recommend buying one.)
The Series 5 models have several new features:
- Always-On Retina display. (With the Series 3 & 4 models, you have to turn your wrist or tap the screen to activate the display.)
- Fall-detection. If the watch detects a hard fall, it taps you on the wrist, sounds an alarm, and displays an alert. You can choose to contact emergency services or dismiss if you’re okay. (This would be great for the senior adults in your life.)
- Check your heart rhythm with the ECG app.
- A Noise app to alert you when decibels levels rise to potentially damaging levels.
- A built-in compass and elevation tracker.
- A calculator—including a built-in tip calculator.
- Cycle tracking. Women can track their monthly cycles. (Some of us don’t need this feature anymore! ????????♀️????)
- Advanced workout metrics, GPS, and water resistance to 50 meters.
Apple Watch Bands: A Word About Sizing
Apple Watches are sold in several case sizes depending on the watch design and which series it is, and the case size determines the size of the band. A 38 mm band will only work on a size 40 Apple Watch case, and a 42 mm band will only work on a size 44 Apple Watch case.
Most women wear the 38 or 40 size case, but if you prefer a larger screen go for a 42/44 size case. (But be sure to order a size 42/44 mm band!)
I hope that made sense! Click HERE for an Apple sizing guide.
Apple Watch Bands: How to Change the Band
I’ll confess, I was worried about this! I thought it was going to be hard, but I should have known better. Pretty much everything Apple does is user-friendly and easy! Changing your Apple watch band is so simple and quick!
Apple Watch Bands: So Many Choices!
- This strap is made from Saffiano leather and features a cool abstract design.
- This cute cheetah print band is just $15! It’s made of silicone and it ships free from an Etsy shop that I’ve used before and happily recommend.
- If you’re into navy blue, this geometric silicone band might just be perfect! It’s from the same Etsy seller as watch #2 and it’s just $15 with free shipping.
- This is the band I just bought! I love the happy and colorful cheetah print! It’s from the same Etsy seller as watch #2 and #3 and it’s just $15 with free shipping.
- This red, white, and blue saffiano leather band is custom-made! Make your own in a wide variety of colors right HERE.
- How fun is this navy and white dalmatian print leather band?
- This animal print leather band would look great with an otherwise neutral outfit. Super classy!
- What could be sweeter than a pastel rainbow leather band? Pretty, right?
- This rose gold solid stainless steel band is so gorgeous. It also comes in champagne gold, matte black, and matte silver. It’s only $16.98!
- This pretty and lightweight resin band in pearl pink is adorable. It’s under $20 and comes in lots of other options, so click through to check them out!
- I love anything tortoiseshell for fall, don’t you! This cute tortoiseshell resin band is under $20!
- This silicone band is my very favorite shade of green! How cute would this be with camo? ????
- This durable silicone band is less than $10 at Target. Unfortunately, this pretty light blue shade just sold out, but other several other shades are still in stock, including black, navy, dark lilac, seafoam/mint green, and coral.
- This leather band is thick and high-quality. It has great reviews and comes in 19 color options! I especially love the metallic rose gold shade. (I love supporting Etsy small businesses! ????)
There are so many more Apple Watch bands to browse through, and I’ve pulled them together in a little boutique at the end of this post. Click through on any image you see for more information. (Also, know that prices change up or down all the time, so sometimes the pricing info you see may be incorrect. If you see something you like, go ahead and click through!)
If you end up with a new Apple Watch band, I’d love to see it! Snap a pic and tag @emptynestblessed on Instagram, okay?
Feel free to pin this image to Pinterest for future reference and share this post with others using the icons below.