10 Things to Love About America
I know there’s a lot going on in our country right now, but in these unprecedented and challenging times, we can still find lots to love about the good old U.S.A! Today, I’m sharing 10 things I’m thankful for as an American right now. I’m also giving you the inside scoop on some big upcoming sales, and running down all of the best Independence Day weekend deals! (And at the very end of the post, I’ll tell you what we’re doing this weekend!)
10 Things to Love About America
- Doctors & Nurses – Many of them have isolated from their own families, worked with little sleep, and even sometimes with inadequate PPE, but these frontline caregivers risk their lives daily to serve others.
- @NatGeoTravel on Instagram – If you’re not following this account, you’re missing out! Thanks to National Geographic photographers, you can see the world vicariously through their lenses.
- Brands Giving Back – Brands from Crocs (20% off sitewide right now) to Kate Spade (40% off sale styles right now) and many more, gave back to our healthcare workers in a big way! You’ll want to support these companies! To read my post on Companies Giving Back, click HERE. To read my post on Fashionable Face Coverings, click HERE.
- WFH – Thanks to THE COVID, the work from home movement gained momentum. It means every day is Take Your Dog to Work Day and you don’t have to commute! Not only that, but it’s given us glimpses into the homes of many of our favorite news, music, sports, and entertainment personalities! A bonus: we’ve also seen it birth a new real estate trend – larger houses with two home offices (and that’s good for the construction business).
- National Parks – We’re so blessed to have our National Parks! Did you know the U.S. has 419 national park sites, encompassing a total of 84 million acres? Whether you want to camp out, hike, or just picnic, lots of them have reopened. See the up-to-date list HERE.
- Yummy Regional Foods – From Texas barbeque and Chicago hot dogs to Philly Cheesesteaks and Florida Key Lime pie, we’ve got mouth-watering specialties all over this country! For more info, click HERE.
- Small Businesses – Did you know that 90% of all U.S. businesses have fewer than 20 employees? I’ve loved watching people rally to keep small businesses afloat during this challenging time! Haven’t you? ????????
- Essential Workers – I love that the pandemic has given us all a new understanding of just exactly who our “essential” workers really are. Sanitation workers, truck drivers, delivery people, grocery store workers, and others keep our nation running.
- Athleisure/Loungewear – I’m not sure anyone will be happy wearing a belt or a tie again! ???? Oh, it’s not strictly a U.S. thing, but we might have cemented the trend in the fashion world for perpetuity. For my fave loungewear looks, click HERE.
- Vote – No matter what you think of our current political state, come Tuesday, November 3, you can have a say in the future of our country. Google “Register to Vote” along with the name of your state for instructions.
Americana Tank Top (now just $19.99) | Americana Running Shorts | White Sports Bra | Red Sneakers (similar) | Red Earrings
Sales Tips & Inside Info on Upcoming Deals
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale – Nordstrom has released the dates of their annual Anniversary Sale, and I can’t wait to fill you in on it! I talk about this sale every year because it’s one of the best! It’s full of wear-now, transitional, and fall/winter merchandise at significant markdowns. Want a sneak peek at what’s on sale? This year there won’t be a print catalog, but you’ll be able to get a preview as early as July 24! Nordstrom offers free shipping and returns, so even if you don’t live near one of the stores, they make shopping so easy. Nordstrom cardholders gain access to the sale six days before everyone else, which is awesome because the best pieces often sell out during early access. (Click HERE to apply for a Nordstrom card.) Watch for a post in late July or early August about the trends you need to look for in the sale, and lots of insider tips on the best way to shop it.
Amazon Prime Day – Typically held in July, this year Amazon Prime Day will take place sometime in September. (Thanks, COVID! ????) If you’re not familiar with it, pretty much all you need to know is that Amazon puts forth unbelievable deals on tons of merchandise. (We’re talking deals that rival Black Friday or Cyber Monday!) Things like Amazon Echo, Amazon Fire tablets, and Amazon Fire TV are all likely to be on sale. Not an Amazon Prime member? Don’t worry! You can sign up for a 30-day Free Trial in order to take advantage of this sale! To read more about the benefits of Amazon Prime (including benefits you probably don’t even know you have access to if you’re already a member, click HERE.)
What’s up for you this weekend? We’re having our son, daughter-in-law, and granddog over to swim, play, and eat on Saturday.