Hi, you guys! Are you okay? I can’t tell you how much I’ve been thinking about you all and praying for you! I know I don’t know each of you personally, but the Lord does, and I’m trusting that He is encouraging your heart as you’re wading through these uncharted waters.
These unprecedented times are not without challenges, but as women who have raised families, had careers (whether in the workplace or running the PTA!), and dealt with the inevitable trials that come with living years of life and being over 50, Know that I believe in you. I’m right there with you, and we’re going through this together.
How’s Your Heart?
Are you quarantining with joy? Are you doing your best to stay healthy? Are you utilizing your resources? Remember this: you may not be in control of your circumstances right now, but you can control how you are responding to them. Here are some verses that have helped me this week:
Behold, God is mighty, and does not despise any; he is mighty in strength of understanding.
Let not your hearts be toubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.
Who has spoken and it came to pass, unless the Lord has commanded it?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.
For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
1 Cor. 2:16
A Heart of Joy in the Journey
I am not in any way trying to downplay the seriousness of the situation we’re all in right now. But as I said, we’re women over 50, and we’ve seen our share of trials. Miscarriages? Life-changing diagnoses? Struggling children? Relationship troubles? Yes, yes, and yes. As I said, we’ve lived.
And along the way, we’ve learned to have joy in the journey. We’ve learned to appreciate the people who have walked with us through the trials; we’ve learned to extend mercy to others who struggle; we’ve learned life has seasons—of joy and sorrow. And we’ve learned that it helps a lot to choose to cultivate an attitude of gratitude through it all. What are you thankful for today? Can you find the blessings in the struggles? 💟
My heart is to help your heart find the blessings and joy in the journey, so here are a few light and joyful things to bring you joy.
Suzy’s JOY List
- A few weeks ago, Bob and I saw the latest adaptation of Jane Austen’s Emma in theaters. It was precious, funny, and such an upper! It’s just been released to streaming services, and you can rent it on Amazon!
- John Legend did a home concert in his bathrobe for his YouTube followers! You can watch it HERE. Go to YouTube and search the hashtag #togetherathome to see more artists’ home concerts!
- Do you follow @goodnews_movement on Instagram? No politics, no negativity! Just heroes, acts of kindness, and good news!
- Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence Mo Williams is offering free online doodling classes at lunchtime every day! They’re posted at 1 p.m. EST! Such a fun diversion!
- Have you ever heard of ClassCentral.com? You can find more than 400 free, online classes on everything from anatomy and classical music, to the global financial crisis and Roman architecture, all from Ivy League schools!
- Scribd is offering 30-days of free access to their library. Check out books, magazines, audiobooks, and more!
- I’ve been posting #adressaday on my Instagram Story! Every day I share a new dress, show you multiple ways to wear it, and offer style tips! This week I’ve featured a wide variety of styles and price points. This affordable and versatile shift dress was the best seller! To see all of the dresses I’ve featured, go to my Instagram profile page, and tap the #adressaday highlight button.
- If you need some retail therapy, know that lots of your favorite brands are offering truly incredible deals this weekend! See a list of my favorites below!
- Chicago’s Shedd Aquarium is closed to visitors right now, but the staff has used the opportunity to let the penguins explore the other exhibits! You can check out their adorable adventures HERE.
- As I shared with you earlier this week, you can watch The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon from his home every night. (It’s hilarious as his kids climb all over him and he interviews guests via video chat!) Last night he had Jennifer Garner on, and it was so funny.
- You can virtually tour some of our world’s most historic sites like the Sistine Chapel and the Great Wall of China for free HERE.
- Wanna virtually ride some Disney rides? Um, yes, please! 🙌🏻 Search “Disney rides” on YouTube or click HERE.
I celebrated the arrival of spring by featuring this classic chambray faux wrap dress on my #adressaday Instastory series this week! It’s from Draper James, which is Reese Witherspoon’s clothing company.
Love, love, love and big (virtual) hugs to each of you this weekend. Stay safe and well. ❌⭕❌⭕