I don’t know about you, but January always kind of throws me for a loop! After two solid months of holiday preparation, followed by a sweet, slow holiday filled with family and friends, the month of January hits, and everyone’s renewed energy for life just kind of makes me feel exhausted! Hahahaha! The freshness of the new year is such a joy, but honestly, I have to be careful not to get overwhelmed. Do you feel that way too?
That said, I’ve had a wonderful January so far, and the fun of announcing my big February event just topped it off with a cherry! I’ve learned a lot this month and discovered some cool new things that I can’t wait to share with you. You’re gonna be SO in the KNOW!
What I’m Learning
Amazon Prime Benefits – If you haven’t signed up for Amazon Prime yet, you’re missing out on more stuff than ever! Not only do they offer 2-day free shipping, but there’s Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Prime Pantry, and more! While I was visiting my parents this week, we transferred all of my mom’s photo storage from iCloud (which she was paying for) to the free unlimited storage on Amazon Photos. Also, I’ve been watching a series called Vanity Fair on Amazon Prime Video this month, and it’s sooooo good y’all. (And totally free with Prime!) You might want to check it out.
Welcome Back, Black Watch Plaid – If you’re a fan of plaid, and specifically uber-classy black watch plaid, then you’re in luck! It’s back in a big way this winter, taking all of the big fashion pundits by surprise. If you’ve got some in the back of your closet, it’s time to dig it out. (Also, we might need to have a talk about your problem with holding on to things a bit too long, just sayin’!) If not, you might want to pick up a piece to add to your current wardrobe. Click on any of the images below for more information.
New Vocab You Need to Know to be, Like, Super Cool – When my daughter comes home, I learn a whole new vocabulary. And I LOVE IT. Have you ever heard the word “janky?” I think it’s some kind of derivative of “junky.” It’s used when something doesn’t quite work as well as you think it should. As in, “That website is kind of janky.” or “Our cheap rent car was totally “janky.” Anyway, be sure to drop it into casual conversation with your kids so they can be “jelly” (jealous) of your extreme hipness. And whatever you do, don’t use the word “hipness” or any derivative of it. That would “def” (definitely) not be “hip.”
What I’m Loving
The image above is clickable for more information.
1. Joules Rain Boots – Rain boots are the kind of thing you don’t really think about until you really need them. If you’re looking for boots with a little more personality than Hunter Rain Boots, look no further! I think Joules makes the cutest boots out there today! I bought a pair several years ago (similar to the ones in the collage), and I just adore them. We bought these for Becca last year, and she says she gets compliments everywhere she goes. Click here to see all of them. Free shipping and returns.
2. Pixel Heart Morphing Mug – I’m working on my Valentine’s Day Gift Guide (out Friday!) and having SO. MUCH. FUN. 🙂 This darling mug is a little sneak peek for y’all! Thanks to thermographic inks, when you add your favorite hot beverage to this mug the black pixel heart turns red! As your beverage cools, the heart changes back to black. And it’s only $10! There are a few other cute designs (varying in price from $10-$14.95), so you’ll want to click through and check them all out. They’re a great gift idea! Free shipping/returns with Amazon Prime.
3. Scallop Hoop Earrings – Y’all know I’m a sucker for scallops, and these earrings had me under their spell immediately! If you’re trying to work more of this year’s color of the year into your wardrobe, you’re in luck, because they come in coral too! (Images below are clickable for more info.)
4. Try Something New – Bob and I are always looking for ways to break out of our dinner and a movie date night rut, and this book is helping us think outside the box! It’s full of creative and unique ideas, along with places to record completion dates and questions to help us remember the highlights of each activity. Free shipping/returns with Amazon Prime.
5. One-Button Fleece Wrap Cardigan – This asymmetrical hem cardigan is under $30 and comes in a boatload of colors. (Click here to see them all.) It looks great open, but I love the dramatic lines of it when it’s worn closed. It’s 50% off, and somehow still available in lots of size/color options. It runs large, so size down if you order. Free shipping/returns.
6. New Fave Water Bottle – I shared about my love for this smart water bottle in my recent post on what to do about dry and crepey winter skin. (Hint: drinking more water can help!) It’s more than I would normally spend on a water bottle, for sure, but for me, it’s been worth it because it’s really helping to hold me accountable and I am drinking more! It tracks how much water I drink, and glows to remind me to drink. It also integrates with my Apple Watch. I can change my drinking goals based on my daily activities or the temperature outside. I bought mine on Amazon, but the price has gone up there. (Don’t you hate it when they do that?!) I found it at the price I paid, and in a variety of colors on another site and I’ve linked them below. (Click the images for more info.)
7. Protein & Probiotics Plant Protein Powder – We’re all trying to eat a more plant-based diet, and this easy switch has helped me work toward my goals. I add this gluten-free protein powder to my morning tea or juice for a quick boost of protein and probiotics. The label says the flavor is Madagascar Vanilla, but honestly, it doesn’t have much flavor! (But it doesn’t taste bad.)
8. Weighted Gravity Blanket – Have y’all heard about weighted blankets? They’re supposed to help with sleep, stress, and anxiety. (Something we could all use, right?) They typically come in 15, 20, or 25 lb. options. I’m thinking about trying one because I always like some weight pressing down on me when I sleep. Even in the summer, I turn the air way down so I can put a big duvet on top of me! Have you tried one? What did you think? Leave me a comment and let me know, okay?
9. Stretchy Fleece Top & Leggings – Okay, I’m sharing a big secret! When I’m home alone and it’s cold outside, this is what I wear! All day. Every. Day. Technically, this is long underwear. I have them in all kinds of patterns, including stripes, polka dot, and leopard! They’re cozier, warmer, and stretchier than any of my jammies, leggings, or sweats. They are THE BEST. Another secret? I also wear them out and about. Unashamedly. (With some sort of tunic to cover my booty, of course!) Click any of the images below to see what I own, and click here to see all of the available tops or the available bottoms.
I’m flying home from Florida this week and looking forward to getting back into a normal routine! Becca left to head back to school right before I left for Florida, so I haven’t really been alone in the empty nest since early December. It’s gonna be weird, but I’m looking forward to the quiet! I’m excited to be back in my Bible Study this week, and I’m going to be busy with continued plans for the big February 7 FREE makeup class (Have you RSVPed yet?) and putting the finishing touches on my Valentine’s Day Gift Guide.
On Wednesday of this week, I’ll be sharing all the scoop about an incredible beauty experience I had back in December, and on Friday, I’ll be releasing my Valentine’s Day Gift Guide. Know anything that I absolutely must include in my gift guide? Please leave me a comment and let me know, okay?