Without a doubt, stocking stuffers are my favorite gifts to buy! I’m not sure why, except that it seems like such a challenge to find things that are small, inexpensive, and fun too! As with any gift, it’s ideal if you can get something that the recipient wouldn’t buy for themselves! Today, I’m rounding up some of my favorites from the Stocking Stuffer section of the Empty Nest Blessed Holiday Gift Guide. Everything is $30 and under (and most are WAY under)! I’ve included a few sets that you can break up and use to stuff multiple stockings, because if you’re an empty nester, I know you’ve got more than one stocking to stuff!
STOCKING STUFFER IDEAS
1. Magnetic False Eyelashes – This year I bought a set of these for every female in our family! I’m picturing us all having a hilarious try-on session on Christmas afternoon. #winner
2. Portable Charger with Built-in Charging & Charger Cables – No more cords to keep track of on this portable charger. Both the charger and the charging cords are built right into the device. So convenient!
3. Emergency Beards– Need to reinvent yourself? This “kit” contains three faux-fur beards that have an elasticized back for an adjustable fit. This gift would be hilarious on Christmas morning! (Free shipping.)
4. Digital Tape Measure – This super-convenient 16-ft. tool takes the guesswork out of measuring and eliminates operator error. (Not that you ever have that at your house…yeah.) It has memory function and US/metric conversion.
5. String Lights with Built-in Bluetooth Speakers – This 26′ cord of 80 decorative string lights has 4 Bluetooth speakers and it’s under $20! Such a unique idea for grandkids, teens, college kids, or yourself!
6. Money Soap – It’s practical! (Hey, it’s soap.) It brings wealth! (Each bar contains real money — anywhere from $1-$50.)
7. Mini-Arcade Games – This set of four is designed for you to break up and spread among several stockings! (If you’re interested in only one game, I’ve got that on the Stocking Stuffer Gift Guide too!) These games are tiny (but playable) versions of Pac-man, Ms. Pac-man, Galaxian, and Space Invaders.
8. Makeup Spatula – With the help of this little spatula, get every drop of your favorite foundation or lotion out before tossing the bottle.
9. Lipstick Spatula – This spatula is specially shaped to help you get every last bit of your favorite shade out of the tube. (Works with lip gloss too.)
10. Mini Bluetooth Speaker – When I say mini, I mean it! This tiny Bluetooth speaker is 1½” x 1½” and comes in multiple colors. Perfect for travel, the car, or anywhere else you can imagine!
11. Personalized Insulated Travel Mug – Unfortunately these just sold out, but they’re still available in stainless steel. In fact, if you like personalized items that are absolutely adorable, check out this Etsy shop, it’s one of my very favorites.
12. Thinking Putty – It’s like classy silly putty for grown-ups. Or young adults. Or teens. Or anyone. It’s clear, and it’s the perfect gift for fidgeters.
13. Adulting Stickers – Back by popular demand! These were one of the best-sellers on the Empty Nest Blessed Holiday Gift Guide last year, so I brought them back! With sayings like, “Did not have ramen for dinner” and “Took only one selfie,” these under $5 stickers are perfect for your college student or young adult. Also, check out the Adulting To-Do List by the same company and also $5. (Hilarious!)
14. Universal 5-in-1 Rainbow Charger – Charge multiple devices at once with this cute and colorful 5-in-1 charging cord. I love it for travel!
15. Frog Prince Lipstick – Just like I’m doing with the magnetic false eyelashes this year, last year, I gave a tube of these lilly pad green lipsticks to every female in our family! Let’s face it; those younger gals need to learn that you have to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince! Once applied, it reacts to the warmth of your skin and turns lips into a sheer rosebud pink. (Making it a sweet lipstick for even the youngest makeup wearers in the family.)
16. Custom Photo Socks – Now, here’s a way for empty nesters to stay with their kids at all times, no matter where they go. (You’re welcome, y’all!) Upload your picture, or one of the family, the dog, etc. and get back these fun socks. I love this gift idea so much, I put in almost every category on my gift guide this year!
Bonus: If the men in your family like whimsical socks, check out HAPPY SOCKS. Their socks are inexpensive and they make wonderful stocking stuffers. Right now they have a line of socks featuring the Beatles! (LOL)
Need more inspo? I couldn’t include all of my favorites in this post, but here are a few more. (All under $30!)
Got any great stocking stuffer ideas I need to know about? If so, I’d love to hear about them and maybe add them to my gift guide! Please leave me a comment and give me the lowdown, okay?
Best Weekend Sales
It’s Friday, so I’m running down the best weekend sales for you! If you’re not finished with your holiday shopping yet, don’t worry. because you’re not alone. (The latest stats say the majority of people still have over half of their shopping to do.) Retailers know this, so the deals are really good. Also, with the weather getting dicey in many parts of the country, the online deals tend to be better than the in-store deals right now! There are several good ones, but I think the very best sales this weekend are at BANANA REPUBLIC, LAST CALL(Kendra Scott jewelry!), LOFT, and TORY BURCH. (See details below.)
Click the pink links to go straight to the sites and be sure to use the extra discount codes I’m sharing!
ANTHROPOLOGIE | 30% off cozy favorites.
CONTAINER STORE | 50% off stocking stuffers.
J. JILL | 30% off entire purchase.
MACY’S | Extra 30% off designers that rarely go on sale. Extra 25%, 15% or 10% in select departments with promo code FRIENDS. 50-75% off select styles of Fine Jewelry Gifts; 15% off Beauty with code FRIEND.
MADEWELL | 20% off entire purchase and 30% off when you spend $200+ with code MERRYME. Everyone loves their jeans! My camo high-rise slim “boyjeans” (read: comfortable) from this post were $135 but are now $47.99 and still available in every size!
OLD NAVY | Entire store 60% off.
SOMA | 7 Embraceable Panties for $37. (These panties have a cult following!) + 30% off full-priced sleepwear.
TARGET | 20% off all women’s clothing (!) Friday & Saturday only + lots of other deals throughout the store!
I hope you have an amazing weekend! It’s a big weekend for parties, and we’re going to one on Saturday night and hosting one on Sunday night! It’s been a busy week getting ready, but I’m so looking forward to seeing everybody. Bob did a fashion show to get my input on party look with me last night while I was wrapping presents! It was too cute! Be sure to watch my Instastory and Facebook Story for snaps from all of our weekend festivities!
Next week on Empty Nest Blessed is going to be really special! On Monday, I’m bringing you an interview with Meredith Boyd, a certified personal trainer. She’ll be talking all about fitness over fifty, and especially how the fitness needs of older women differ from that of younger women. We’ll be answering questions like: Can we beat our slowing metabolisms? What exactly is weight-bearing exercise and why is it so important to women over fifty? (And lots more!) Then Tuesday at 2:30 p.m. on the Empty Nest Blessed Facebook page, I’m going to do a Facebook Live with Meredith to talk more about all of this and answer your questions. (So leave me a comment below or email me if you have some!) If you can’t watch it live, don’t worry. It will be up on the page so you can watch it when it’s more convenient for you! (I usually do these when it’s best for my guests, so that’s why the times vary.) Then on Wednesday, I’m giving you some holiday photo posing tips and tricks to help you look great in all those pics this year. Finally, on Friday, it’s my monthly SO in the KNOW, where I tell you what I’m learning and loving in the empty nest this month. (Oh, I’ve got SCOOP this month, lemme tell ya’!)
I don’t want you to miss a thing, so if you haven’t signed up for my email list yet, please do so! I send my newsletter out three times a week (MWF), and it includes links to my newest post, some older posts that you might like, and also info on some of my favorite things or great sales that I’m shopping, etc. (You can always unsubscribe if I get on your nerves! Hahahahaha!)
SHOP THE POST
P.S. Be sure to Pin this image for future reference!