I’ve learned so much this month, and I’m so excited to share everything with you today! Let’s jump right in, okay? Click any of the pink links in the text OR the images anywhere in this post OR in the graphic at the top for more information. You’re gonna be SO in the KNOW!
What I’m Learning
Our Fave Comedian – Our entire family has fallen hard for comedian John Crist. We’ve been watching one of his videos at dinner every night with our 25- and 21-year-olds who are home for the summer, and we cannot stop laughing. Here’s a hilarious one where he explains the “rules” for pre-meal prayer.
Mamma Mia 2 – I’m a little embarrassed to admit it, but I absolutely love the first Mamma Mia movie! I absolutely cannot wait for Mamma Mia 2, which both of my movie connoisseur sons think is completely hysterical. CHER is Sophie’s grandmother!!! What? #imsothere
Best Eye Cream – The Beauty Editors over at People Magazine just came out with their picks for “Eye Creams that Really Work.” I thought their findings were worth passing along to you. The only one of these I’ve used is the last one, and it’s awesome.
- Best Hydrator: Cetaphil Hydrating Eye Gel-Cream with Hyaluronic Acid
- Best for Banishing Dark Circles: Tatcha the Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment
- Best for De-Puffing Eye Bags: Dr. Brandt No More Baggage Eye De-Puffing Gel
- Best for Brightener: Kora Organics Noni Radiant Eye Oil
- Best Overall: Olay Eyes Ultimate Eye Cream
What I’m Loving
(Click the pink links or images below for more information.) 1.
$8 Tee Shirt Dresses – I own this dress in black and it’s so comfy and easy to throw on in the summer! Old Navy has various patterns and colors for a variety of prices (anywhere from $8-$19). Click on the images below to check out the selection. The two I chose for the collage at the top of this post would be perfect for Independence Day! The navy with white stars dress is $19 and the red and white stripe one is $12. Right now the black and gray solid color ones are priced at $8, along with a navy and white stripe (which would also be perfect for the 4th with red accessories!).
2. Empty Nest Blessed Mug – I am thrilled to announce an ongoing collaboration with my friend Steph, of Joy Creative Shop. She and I worked together to design this mug just for Empty Nest Blessed readers. Poor Steph! The first one she brought me was a standard 8 oz. size, but I asked her to redesign it so that it would hold a big ole’ mess of coffee. This one is 15oz. #welovecaffeine
3. Mellanni Sheet Set – You will not believe these sheets. They are the best selling, highest rated sheets on Amazon, with 4.5 stars, and a whopping 41,123 reviews! They come in an unbelievable 39 color and pattern selections, and most sizes are under $30. I am not even kidding you. These would make a great wedding gift, or you can just be honest and admit that it’s time to change out your 15-year-old sheet set! They’re silky microfiber, wrinkle resistant, and oh-so-yummy. You will love them. I promise. Bob is in heaven and thanks me every night when we go to bed!
4. Perfect Nude Lip Stain – My friend turned me on to this beautiful, universal nude lip stain that won’t wash you out and is perfect for every day. It comes in a variety of shades, but the nude one is called Merry Rose. To apply it, just swipe the color side on and wait for it to get sticky. Once it does, apply the gloss on top to take away the stickiness and give you a pretty sheen. You may need to reapply the gloss throughout the day, but the stain will stay! #lovelylips
5. Best Blister Blocker – Every summer, I get into a foot situation. On the one hand, I want smooth feet, so I use the powerful 40% urea cream that my dermatologist recommended to get rid of callouses. But then my oh-so-pretty feet are prone to blisters when I wear certain flip-flops or sandals. Does this happen to you too? Thankfully, I found this anti-blister balm. I keep it right in my purse, and when an area starts to feel like it could get blistery, I rub this handy stuff right on it, and voilà! No blisters for me. 🙂
6. Count Your Blessings – This sweet gratitude journal is another part of the Empty Nest Blessed collab with Joy Creative Shop. As I talked about in this post, I use mine every night before bed to remind myself of the joys and blessings that the Lord has given me each day. It’s such a sweet practice and has made falling asleep so much more peaceful! At only $10, it makes the perfect gift for your daughter, mom, or a dear friend.
7. Naked Skin Foundation – An Empty Nest Blessed reader told me about this lightweight but full-coverage foundation, and I’ve fallen hard for it. It’s formulated with light-diffusing spheres that reflect light to give your skin a flawless and natural look. It’s buildable, but I almost never apply a second. Lots of beauty bloggers rave about this one, and now I know why.
8. Boost Your Roots – I’ve been using this mousse at the roots of my fine hair to boost volume, and it works! It has a unique application nozzle that precisely applies the volume boosting mousse to plump up my hair straight from the roots. (Plus, listening to Bob say, “Big Sexy Hair” in a super deep voice everytime I get out the can out is priceless!)
9. Slim Styluses – Lots of you have asked me questions about how I write and draw on my Instastories. Well, here’s my secret! This colorful little 10-pack of multi-colored styluses has a pen on one side and a slim little rubber tip stylus on the other end. The phone screen reads it as a fingertip touch, and it’s much easier to use than my fat fingers! If you’re looking for a fun way to up your Instastory game, or just be more precise with texting and other things on your phone, these ultra-sensitive cuties will be a big help.
I don’t say it enough, but I’m so thankful for you all! It makes me so happy to hear that you’re enjoying Empty Nest Blessed. It’s you who make it possible for me to do this wonderful job! I’m incredibly thankful for each of you, and I always want to create content that blesses you and brings joy to your day. I’d love to hear what you’re learning & loving in the empty nest. Hit me up, y’all!
Are you feeling SO in the KNOW? I hope SO!
SHOP THE POST
P. S. Bob and I are headed out on a quick long-weekend snorkel adventure on Thursday. We’re staying at Cheeca Lodge, in Islamorada. Be sure to watch my Insta and Facebook stories for all the BTS snaps and the details on my outfits.