I’ve learned a lot this month, and I’ve had a blast putting together both my Graduation and Mother’s Day gift guides! And big, big news! After telling you that I was having the hardest time buying white shoes, I got brave and bought the cutest pair of white bow mules. (They were on sale and totally feel like slippers!) AND then I got carried away and also bought some darling white wedges. (See them below.) I just decided that if I was going to encourage you all to “step out” in white shoes this year, then I need to do it too. I was very proud of myself! (And so glad that I waited until I found shoes that I truly liked.) Today, I’m sharing some of the things I’ve been learning in the empty nest this month, and also telling you about some products that I am absolutely loving right now too. Click the pink links OR the images in the graphic at the top of this post for more information. You’re gonna be SO in the KNOW!
What I’m Learning
Drink up, quick! – Did you know that the flavor of freshly brewed coffee begins to diminish after only 15 minutes? When I learned about this, I had to ‘fess up to Bob, because I am constantly giving him a hard time about throwing out still-warm coffee! (Me: “Can’t you just warm it up in the microwave?” Coffee Connoisseur Bob: “Seriously?”)
Crime with your wine? – Since I get migraines, wine is off limits for me, but at a recent family get-together, my Mother-in-Law and Sister-in-Law brought over a bottle of 19 Crimes wine. Each bottle features the image of a rogue British colonist who was guilty of one of 19 crimes back in 1783 and sentenced to live in Australia. Each bottle has a QR code you scan, which opens the Living Wine Labels app on your smartphone. There you can take part in an AR (augmented reality) story that brings your bottle to life. For more information, go to the 19 Crimes web site. Fun!
Aerobic Advice. – I read an article about Dr. Kenneth Cooper (the “Father of Aerobics”) who, at age 87, still works out daily. My favorite thing he said? “You don’t stop exercising when you get old; you get old when you stop exercising.”
What I’m Loving
1. Floral Monogrammed Robe (under $25!) – Whether you’re looking for something for a graduation or Mother’s Day gift, or you just need to admit that your own robe has seen better days, this cutie is monogrammed free and comes in at a good price point! (One of my friends said she was ordering them for bridesmaid gifts for her daughter’s wedding. Genius!)
2. Ugg summer slippers – I’ve been on the hunt for summer slippers that wouldn’t make my feet too hot, and I ordered these yummy ones! Oh, y’all, I LOVE them. They’re cushy on the bottom and so cute and girly. I’ve literally been prancing around the house in them all week.
3. Pink Tool Kit – This compact leather tool kit would also make a great graduation or Mother’s Day gift! It contains two screwdrivers, needle-nose pliers, a tape measure, hammer, and flashlight. I need this, so Bob quits stealing my “indoor” tools and leaving them in the garage!
4. Clarins Self-Tanner – Down here in Texas, it’s time to break out the fake bake and get our legs ready to go bare! This is my favorite self-tanner. You press the base and dispense 4–6 drops, mixing it into your regular moisturizer. (Self-adjust the color by adding more or fewer drops.) They also make one specifically for the face.
5. Deodorant Removing Sponge – I heard from so many of you who loved the Haute Heels product I told you about my March SO in the KNOW. It works to eliminate foot pain when you have to stand for a long time – even in comfy shoes. This product is from the same company and gets rid of makeup or deo marks that you can get when you put on that cute dark-colored top or dress. Rub it on the smudge, and voila! I keep one in my closet and one in my car.
6. Immersion Blender – I’ve been into making protein smoothies for breakfast lately, but was getting tired of having to wash the entire blender every day. Enter this adorable solution. This baby is powerful, lemme tell ya’! (I even used it to mix pancake batter the other day.) Everything but the handle goes right in the dishwasher.
7. Opalhouse Collection – Have you seen Target’s new Home brand? Oh, my word, it’s super cute and oh-so-affordable! This group includes four canisters with wooden tops (priced from $7.99-19.99, depending on size); a canister with a whimsical unicorn ceramic lid ($11.99); and salt & pepper shakers ($2.99 each). You’ll want to check out the entire line here. (I hear it’s selling out in store, so you might consider ordering online.)
8. Personalized Socks – I put these in my Graduation Gift Guide, but I just had to share it with those of you who missed it there. This would make the best gag gift for your kids. Upload a picture of yourself. Make it a really embarrassing one. Or maybe one of your kid naked in the bath when he was two. Oh, these are gonna go over BIG.
BONUS: I didn’t have room for this in my collage, but I just had to share it with you! The rattan circle handbag (below) is the hottest handbag of the season! After selling out at department stores immediately, dupes started showing up on Etsy. The problem? Most of them are around $80, come straight from Bali, and take 4-6 weeks to arrive. I found this one on Amazon for $47 (with free shipping) and snatched it right up. It arrived in about a week, and I adore it! You’ll see it in upcoming photo shoots and my Mother’s Day Gift Guide (out Monday).
I’m so sorry this post was so long, but I had so much to share this month! I hope you have fun weekend plans. I’m in Waco for a women’s conference at Baylor this weekend, and I’m so excited to be a part of it. You know I’ll have to stop in to visit Chip and Jo at The Silos while I’m here! Follow me on Instagram and watch my Instastory for BTS (behind the scenes) pics.
SHOP THE POST
P.S. Remember the big Sephora Spring Beauty sale opens to the public today! Here are some other spring sales that might be worth your time:
ANN TAYLOR // 40% off full-priced tops & sweaters
ANTHROPOLOGIE // 25% off sale items
THE CONTAINER STORE // 25% off closet essentials
GAP // Up to 60% off
MARLEY LILLY // Up to 80% off monogrammed and personalized gifts.
WHBM // Up to 40% off select full-price styles.